Home

GAL4 issue

Posted By: wltr00

GAL4 issue - 10/27/23 03:21 PM

Got a a GAL 4 8-stop that the door won’t open at very intermittently on only the 6th floor. Have checked all the mechanicals on the HW and Car Door linkage and adjusted but car is still doing it. Can’t check signals as it it CAN, not discrete. Called GAL and they said replace travel cable. Anybody had an issue like this or have any ideas on how to fix? It is a hospital unit so they are wanting fixed ASAP
Thanks
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: GAL4 issue - 10/27/23 03:49 PM

Before I put a new T cable on I would swap my door operator wires with other adjacent wires and see if that fixes the problem. Or creates a new problem somewhere else. Concluding bad T cable without prior troubleshooting is a leap. Also see if t cable is hitting divider beams in hoistway. I’ve seen t cables wore thru on newer installations due to this.
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: GAL4 issue - 10/27/23 08:12 PM

ok door wont open, but any fault is register ?
Posted By: wltr00

Re: GAL4 issue - 10/28/23 12:42 AM

Yeah DO fault
Posted By: WarrioR

Re: GAL4 issue - 10/28/23 02:29 PM

the controller has Galileo Software?
cause Galileo show the I/O status when fault happen ,
or you can program a fault recorder and seen the last second of the operation when the fault happen, like IMS recorder
Posted By: EElevator

Re: GAL4 issue - 10/29/23 02:45 AM

I would most certainly use spares in the traveling cable first before replacing it. And even if you had a bad wire, unless there's physical damage, that's what spares are for, make a note in the cartop box and controller and move on. Either way I'd move the related wires to spares to rule out the traveling cable.
© 2024 Elevator Forum