Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 23 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,539
Posts36,981
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4599 - 09/11/12 05:32 PM Miprom SL car call button help  
fr33kachu Offline
stranger
fr33kachu  Offline
stranger

Ok having an issue with a Miprom SL. Here's how it started, a few months back the car top got wet on a 4 stop, front only, simplex. The car top board and neuron was burned along with the wiring to it. After replacing the wiring, the board, and the encoder neuron we were able to run a floor scan and get it back working but it would shut down intermittently at different floors and would require a reset of the power. We since found out that the encoder neuron had different software than the other neurons and replaced all neurons with new version containing the same version software along with the board in the controller. Now, after a new floor scan, we can't go to floors 3 and floor from the car. All hall calls work and you can set up a car call to 3 and 4 from the tool but that's it. Now, we swapped the car station 2 neuron by putting in the original which contains an older version of software and it works but I'd like to know why the new neuron doesn't. Is there a setting I'm missing in the new neuron? Do I need to configure the car station through the tool? If I do, how? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as Line won't even return our calls to support the boards we just purchased from them. Thanks and be safe.

#4607 - 09/12/12 12:19 PM Re: Miprom SL car call button help [Re: fr33kachu]  
fr33kachu Offline
stranger
fr33kachu  Offline
stranger

It worked all day yesterday, now its shut down again. Possibly due to wrong version software on car station 2 neuron? Should know more this afternoon when regular tech hooks the tool up to it. Any suggestions, besides the normal rip it out and start.over would be appreciated. LOL

#4617 - 09/13/12 11:50 AM Re: Miprom SL car call button help [Re: fr33kachu]  
fr33kachu Offline
stranger
fr33kachu  Offline
stranger

I see no one is really eager to dive into this one LOL. I think I know what the issue is with this. If I put in all new neurons, nodes, whatever they ate called, it is lacking the programming for the 3rd and 4th floor call buttons. I am pretty sure I have to address I/Os for this. What I don't know is, which ones do I use? How many SPI boards do I have, I think its 1, but are the neurons SPI boards or is the car station board with the 2 neurons in it called the SPI board. I know I'm getting closer to the solution. If anyone has ever adjusted one of these and can just give any info on it, books, whatever, I'd appreciate it. I am aware this was a short lived, experimental, sorta elevator, even shorter lived than TKE's Wonderful ISIS, so people that are knowledgeable on this are few and far between. Thanks.

#4623 - 09/14/12 02:46 AM Re: Miprom SL car call button help [Re: fr33kachu]  
Broke_Sheave Offline
addict
Broke_Sheave  Offline
addict

You're right...I would be surprised if more than about 500 of these were installed in the North American continent.

But you can't control salesmens perception..

You know what perception is right?

Let's say a dog takes a crap in your front yard. Then you go out and paint that dog turd gold with a can of gold spray paint.

Now you can PERCEIVE it to be a Golden Nugget, but in reality it's still a dog turd painted gold..

It Don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing.

Cool, Free, Johnny Smith courtesy of NPR..HERE
http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/asc/asc25.smith.asx
#4628 - 09/14/12 11:57 AM Re: Miprom SL car call button help [Re: Broke_Sheave]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

You may want to go over your communication wiring. Check for opens, shorts & grounds. Disconnect them before checking. Check your line drivers on IC, relay pilot, car station & door operator boards. I'll see what else I can find. Sorry I don't have more but it's been some time since I've looked at one of these gems.

Make good choices,

JKH

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit