Need some guidance. There isn't a lot to be found on the net in the way of install and troubleshooting material on this elevator.

I'm a retired engineer and fully comfortable working on the LEV in this house that I bought earlier this year. Only two stories and the elevator worked fine until the other day.

Got an E8 error and after getting some materials from another LEV owner, I see that E8 is BP Error. I figure that BP is the bit position magnet plate. Elevator is at the first floor, which has no pit. I look around to see what I can see and the BP magnet plate has a lot of magnet shards on it and the magnet plate sensor on the cab is loose at the bottom and flapping around. I figure that's the issue, so I manually raise the cab with my monster 1/2" drill about 5 feet to get at the magnet plate to clean it off and line it up well with the cab mounted magnet plate sensor.

Well, when I raise up the cab, the cam plate on the right side falls off the rail !! This is where the final limit sensors on the right side of the cab are, which is a mirror image to the magnet sensor plate on the left side. I don't know how the cam plate is supposed to go back on the rail relative to the limit sensors. There is one bottom limit sensor and 2 top limit sensors. When the cab is parked properly at the bottom are all three of them tripped? Is the first one "slow down" and the top two "stop"? That's how I put it back to see if it would work. So then I manual reset the controller: hold the reset button, Run->Stop and back again and then let go of the reset button. The E8 is gone, but elevator is still not working. It did lower to the first floor, did not hit the floor and feels in the same height it always stops. But, now I get "d". All the other sensors are fine, so I figure the "d" is coming from the slack sensor on the very bottom which has to be manually reset. I manually raise the cab 4 feet and manually reset the slack sensor and then the controller and the elevator goes down to the first floor and stops and "d" again.

BTW, I re-torqued every bolt in the hoist way and on the exterior of the cab. Found about 10 that needed something, but nothing that could have resulted in a serious problem. This is now on my every two year list. It is no different from properly maintaining your car, which I do for 5 of them in the family.

So, I guess I have a few questions:
(1) I'd love more compete service manuals -- this thing is built like a tank and as long as the electronics work...
(2) How exactly is the bottom floor cam plate supposed to be placed relative to the final limit switches on the cab?
(3) Why is the chain slack sensor triggering? The chains are fine and I see nothing that looks strange. The only thing I can think of is that all this manual up and down and short movements have messed somehow made it more finicky.

Also, I ordered a bunch of switches and a pendant box from Automation Direct to make my own pendant according to the pendant schematic I have. I also bought a couple of books from the Elevator World Bookstore since I'm going to be living here for the duration and I want to maintain this thing properly.

Thanks for reading!!
Tom