Home

TAC 34

Posted By: local yocal

TAC 34 - 03/01/13 07:51 PM

What's the low down on the TAC 34's? Do you need a handheld or anything special to access programming or can you use onboard screen? Parts pretty accessable (circuit boards etc)?
Posted By: Administrator

Re: TAC 34 - 03/02/13 04:43 AM

Not sure about the TAC 34. You may be thinking of the TAC 32 which is the non proprietary controller. It has a UIT that will allow access to all the adjustment parameters and menus. I haven't worked on many of these but I have seen them before. I'm sure all the boards are available from Vertx but I'm not sure how good this equipment stands up to say MCE or EC. Maybe someone can chime in if they have some experience with these....
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: TAC 34 - 03/02/13 07:30 AM

There is no tac 34 but there is a tac 32. This is a hydro right?
Or are you looking at a dover t3 or t4.

The tac 32 was designed not to keep on contract but be able to stand up to the DMC. Yeah it has a UIT. Thyssen will sell you what ever parts you need. Or I can give you a discount on most tk stuff(just kidding)
Posted By: EDMAn

Re: TAC 34 - 03/02/13 01:28 PM

TAC32s are meant to be mod or new installation controllers... can be used for hydraulic or traction jobs. Best thing about them is the lack of relays, so less contact failures than the 20s or 22s...

As for being non-proprietary, maybe technically, but another company just took over a bunch of these units from us, and they've had a terrible time with them...

Playing the slots at the mainline only gets you so far...
Posted By: as722

Re: TAC 34 - 03/02/13 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: EDMAn
TAC32s are meant to be mod or new installation controllers... can be used for hydraulic or traction jobs. Best thing about them is the lack of relays, so less contact failures than the 20s or 22s...

As for being non-proprietary, maybe technically, but another company just took over a bunch of these units from us, and they've had a terrible time with them...

Tac 32 is a hydro controller not traction. CPUA is used on traction and hydro but the I/O boards are not the same. Tac 50-04 is the traction version.
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: TAC 34 - 03/03/13 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: as722
Originally Posted By: EDMAn

Tac 32 is the 32 bit version of a Tac 20/Tac 22.

Great running units. Has UIT built in. I dont know why you are hittin the mainline when you got a UIT

Tac 32 is a hydro controller not traction. CPUA is used on traction and hydro but the I/O boards are not the same. Tac 50-04 is the traction version.
Posted By: local yocal

Re: TAC 34 - 03/28/13 03:49 PM

Thanks for the input. I realized I made a type-o. It is a 32
Posted By: route1220

Re: TAC 34 - 07/19/13 11:08 PM

there is a tac 32 t for traction
© 2024 Elevator Forum