Home

Otis GEN2 Safety test

Posted By: Jim

Otis GEN2 Safety test - 03/13/13 01:46 PM

Anybody have a procedure for this?
Posted By: bozo

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 03/13/13 11:52 PM

its involed my friend and you need a service tool if you do not have one.
Posted By: elevatedone

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 03/13/13 11:54 PM

Definitely needs a service tool,check your messages.
Posted By: Len

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 03/14/13 11:25 PM

Remote equipment..definitely need access to the service tool to perform this test...
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 03/17/13 08:49 AM

for a slow sped trip u dont need the service tool!!!.
Posted By: ElEvAtOrFrEaK

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/03/13 06:33 PM

Hello

Can anyone tell me how i can perform a half brake test at the Gen2 Phase 3 with integrated display?
The Elevator has a new drive installed which makes the test in the old way impossible.

best regards

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/03/13 09:55 PM

absolutely right..there is always more than one way to do something..service tool is what works the best..less chance of a wiring short that will take out your MLB..that would be costly..

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/04/13 04:25 PM

@LEN

And how I can perform the Test with SVT?
I canīt find a parameter to start it.
Can you send me a manual or instructions for this Test?

thanks

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/06/13 09:11 PM

wish we could help..but this equipment is very guarded..might find help from someone..but can,t help..sorry
Posted By: E311

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/06/13 10:56 PM

I cant help either, the customer can purchase an SVT for the elevator which will allow testing.

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/07/13 04:17 PM

The Tool is not the problem. I have 2 Servicetools.
What I mean is the UCM (Unintended Car Movement) Test
I have no idea how i can perform the Test at the GeN2 PhaseIII.

someone an idea?
Posted By: Robert Krieger

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/07/13 06:38 PM

Your'e Close. Please don't post the answers, as my wording is for a reason.
What happens when UCM occurs and how much may it travel before it stops in less than 48"
What would trigger that when the car is at floor level with out direction selection? What device when their is no demand holds the car at the floor? What would happen if that device did not work? Would a similar "back up" device engage? Does it have to be as much as 48" or would something less do the same thing? When you are coasting you are going downhill.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.
Posted By: traction

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/07/13 07:40 PM

Rather than post this on the web, I suggest you ask someone more senior at your company. Perhaps an adjuster if you have one. UCM testing is relatively easy to perform however only qualified, trained personel should carry out such testing.
Posted By: MSS

Re: Otis GEN2 Safety test - 12/09/13 10:48 PM

Also..are you or your company aware that to be in compliance with the code (Assume A17.1 -2007, 2008a 2009b)you need to have a written procedure for any special testing requirements in the machine available to elevator personnel as part of the Maintenance Control Plan. You can add all MRL, Proprietery type controllers, anything that requires a service tool to list of controllers required tto have WRITTEN PROCEDURES on hand. Get a copy of the Otis Adjuster's manual or installation manual for the unit. It has the procedures spelled out quite well. NO need to guess.
© 2024 Elevator Forum