Home

KCM Fire service board

Posted By: solidstate

KCM Fire service board - 04/15/13 01:00 PM

Got a new Eco space unit that just came off of warranty. The fire service key switch does not work. I think the board in the duct is bad. The wiring is fine and the switch is fine. Are all the hall boards the same? If so we can swap one out to verify.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Vatorman15

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/15/13 04:16 PM

check parameter 1-62 should be 1 for fire service. 0 if none
Posted By: Derick

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/16/13 01:58 AM

how many stops?

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/16/13 10:29 AM

This is a 5 stop unit. The parameter has been checked and it was on.
Posted By: john jay

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/16/13 10:00 PM

it can be the floor board in the duct. however if you replace a board , if memory serves me, you have to perform a lon download for the controller to see the new board. i believe 5-7-1 is the menu. you chage it from 0 to 1 and it starts the sequence and runs it . when the menu goes back to 5-7-1 its done. best you get a manual explaining, i am going from a 3 year old memory here.

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/16/13 10:39 PM

your fire service wires go directly back to your controller not the duct..

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/17/13 10:57 PM

if my fading memory serves me, if you have hoistway access, the firemans service switch at the main floor plugs into the Lcehas board in the duct.Not 100% sure but it may be worth a look.I have some old resolve info and it reads as follows. At the main floor connect the firemans switch (133) to XH5 on the LCEHAS Bd.

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/18/13 12:45 AM

You are correct. The fire service is plugged into the duct way board.

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/18/13 01:27 AM

check and make sure the l2 led which says fail is not on in the duct,if its not the board in the controller could be bad..

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/18/13 05:49 PM

The led for fail is not on. I was hoping that we could swap out the board with another one and verify.

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/19/13 12:50 AM

If you swap boards you need to do a Lon download.its not a big deal 5-7-1 change the 0 to 1 and the controller runs the download sequence, when its done 5-7-1 reappears and your good to go.

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/22/13 12:59 PM

It turned out to be the parameter was not on, afterall

I was informed by a Kone tech, that you have to turn power off after setting parameters for it to take. Pressing accept does not work.

The parameter read "1" when we got there.

Once we turned power off, the car went on fire service due to a broken wire from a smoke relay. We repaired that and reset the fire service switch.

Anybody else know about this?

Re: KCM Fire service board - 04/23/13 11:51 PM

yes you do have to power down before the parameter sets
© 2024 Elevator Forum