Home

otis 211 problem

Posted By: Scott Davidson

otis 211 problem - 04/19/13 04:39 AM

we have a 211 that keeps giving a leveling feed back fault. DLFB. the mechanic has replaced the switch in the hatch, he says he has checked everything in the circuit, any ideas as to what may be happening. he wants to replace the main 211 board, but i would like to here some of your responses first. thanks ps, the fault happens once every couple of weeks for the last few months.
Posted By: Len

Re: otis 211 problem - 04/19/13 09:56 PM

Scott that would be the next move..I have had this one before .and I went through all the same things..cleaned and readjusted the down limit contacts..and finally changed out the Main I/O board..problem went away...
Posted By: Derick

Re: otis 211 problem - 04/20/13 01:28 AM

is it a 211flash or the older 211?

Re: otis 211 problem - 04/20/13 04:41 AM

its an older 211 no flash

Re: otis 211 problem - 04/20/13 04:46 AM

thanks guys, i went and checked it out today, the manual says that a door lock that bobbles as car leaves floor could cause the problem, i checked all the items in the troubleshooting help section of this fault. cleaned all locks and gate switch rechecked switch, L3S, made sure it does not open until car is below bottom floor by a few inches. if it comes in again, i have instructed mechanic to swap the board with another car, will see what happens. thanks again for the input
Posted By: tony

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/02/13 11:44 PM

You dont say what floor I am assuming lowest level .or how often ..
Posted By: aquadag

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/02/13 11:48 PM

this may sound really stupid but did you check the door track for the infamous goober buildup?

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/03/13 02:38 AM

well it has been about 3 weeks now, and no failures, I did clean the door tracks and locks as indicated, that would be really amazing if just that little service solved the problem, could it possibly be a simple problem fixes a pain in the ass intermittent problem. only time will tell, only goes to show you that a little maintenance can go a long way.

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/12/13 03:09 PM

problem finally came back, swapped out the board, hopefully this will take care of it.
Posted By: Len

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/14/13 11:50 PM

..Down Leveling Pilot Failure..on last place to look if the I/o board changout doesn,t work...Have had random problems in the past on the UC4M Maxton valve..actually had to take the down section apart and found the piston bore was pretty scored up from many runs..emory and clean completely..added CatOIL to the assembly reassembled this problem never surfaced again..when all else fails...good luck...

Re: otis 211 problem - 05/15/13 03:10 AM

will keep you informed, should fail within a couple of weeks.
© 2024 Elevator Forum