Home

Otis 211

Posted By: Jcjmowrey

Otis 211 - 05/25/13 10:30 PM

Two stop Otis 211 with no leaks but will shut down after sitting idle for 5 mins with a valve fault on the on board diagnostic tool. When I sit on car top the tape readers door Zone LEDs stay lit and the Lu and ld lights never light up. But the car will eventually relevel up 3 or 4 times for no reason then level back down to floor level and shut down. I didn't have a meter one cause my helper lost it. Has anyone seen this before. Which is more probable the tape reader board or the io board behind CPU?
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: Otis 211 - 05/26/13 05:08 AM

You didn't have a meter cause your helper lost it? I needed a good laugh
Posted By: sinister1ca

Re: Otis 211 - 05/26/13 01:06 PM

I had this before, I think. When car was sitting idle and the unit would go into recycle mode to keep the oil up to temp. The car would start to move, instead of bypass. My bypass adjustment had a government seal on it, so I could only tweak it open 1/16 of a turn, but never saw the fault again. or just set up the bypass again completely.
Posted By: Derick

Re: Otis 211 - 05/26/13 01:40 PM

if you get the valve flt on 211 it is that the bypass is not set correctly, unplug your coils run bps all the way out, run car up and turn bps in till it starts moving then turn it back out till it stops,then turn it out another 3/4 turn lock it down then you should be good to go..

Re: Otis 211 - 05/26/13 07:31 PM

That's makes perfect sense and that is probably why the guy whose route it's on thinks it has a dry packing. Thanks
Posted By: Len

Re: Otis 211 - 05/27/13 05:38 PM

easier to go in thru the Top menu on the onboard and turn off the
Viscoscity control..if it is warm enough depending on where you are in the country..you really don,t need it preheating the oil in summer months..Maxton valves are very stable..Holeless hydro really does not need them on anyway..
Posted By: Derick

Re: Otis 211 - 05/30/13 01:46 AM

the bypass needs to be set correctly for reliable leveling, also and if your ever have a leaking packing it could flt out again because its not bypassing correctly during leveling,
Posted By: tony

Re: Otis 211 - 05/30/13 10:44 PM

Also make sure you dont have more than 1 1/2 turns in on u.s...it can make it creep
Posted By: sccjr

Re: Otis 211 - 05/31/13 04:24 AM

Good point Tony. On Maxton Valves mechanics try to get accurate floor heights by adjusting up stop. That is a mistake, adjusting US too much will cause the car to creep, thus making bypass useless. Go through the valve and resize it (adjusting bypass and US). Also if you add oil additive it will change the viscosity of the oil and it can slip through bypass.

Re: Otis 211 - 06/01/13 08:32 PM

I couldn't solve my problem by readjusting bypass. The small o rings on the bypass adjuster felt bad so I replaced the adjuster. Problem solved. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was about to replace the tape reader board and/or the IO board.
© 2024 Elevator Forum