Home

Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset

Posted By: JWB

Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 06/17/13 05:53 PM

I have an Otis 211 hydraulic elevator that is currently in the pit with a readout of STLU on the display in the controller. Even though the safeties and door circuits appear fine it will not run up on inspection. I have been told that I need to do a hard fault reset in the controller to get the elevator to move. Does anyone have information on how this is done? I would also appreciate any input if there are other ideas as to what may be wrong with the elevator.
Posted By: Elevatorfella

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 06/17/13 10:56 PM

Press "S2" until you see "CLR0"
Press "S3" and hold button display will scroll CLR1, CLR2, maybe CLR3, hold until CLR0 returns.....
Press "S1" this will reset the RAM memory.
Posted By: billvator

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 06/18/13 02:22 AM

building owners should not be working on elevators
Posted By: Elevatorfella

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 06/18/13 11:48 PM

I agree building owners, keep your hands off the equipment or expect to get charged for the callback!! Did the RAM reset help you?
Posted By: JWB

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 07/23/13 09:39 PM

Elevatorfella, thank you for the information on the hard fault reset. It worked perfectly. I would have thanked you sooner but I left for a long vacation two days after I originally posted my problem.
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 07/24/13 04:19 AM

A building owner paying for a maintenance contract is out of his/her mind to try to work on the equipment. Just wait till you are in front of lawyer asking you what makes you qualified to perform this work? Now Jim Bob owns your building.
Posted By: tony

Re: Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset - 08/11/13 07:32 PM

Temp solution ..still an issue there ...
© 2024 Elevator Forum