Home

Intermittent 211 Fault

Posted By: Administrator

Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/26/13 04:23 PM

We have a newer 211 2 Stop that's been getting a (2711) "Stall Down" fault every couple of days at the 2nd Floor. Verified that the rupture valve is not setting. Valve seems to be good, never any heat issues. Once reset the car runs fine again for a couple of days. Other associated faults are: 2005, 2102, 2644. Anyone have any ideas as what could be causing this shut down.

Thanks
Posted By: Scott Davidson

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 03:25 AM

i saw this a couple months ago. i gave the car a 2nd floor call, the car travels down from the 5th floor, but it seemed to slow down for the 2nd floor way to early. then it just slowly leveled into the 2nd floor took a while, car logged stld fault and shut down. replaced the tape guides, and reglued a couple magnets that had come loose. problem solved. if you have to redo magnets use the template
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 04:18 AM

STLD at the top floor and it's a 2 stop. Is the unit below or at floor level...can you tell?
Scott's reference to magnet position is a good one. Possibly a weak DZ magnet? A down stop limit blipping open from the previous up run? Maybe check the selector wiring in the COP. Hmmm.

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 04:30 AM

The mechanic on the job said the tape guides were good and lined up the magnets with the guide. Also, he said the magnets lined up to their original marks with the guide. I have had some issues with 211 selector boards on other jobs in the past. I was thinking maybe just replace the board and wait and see what happens. I'll have him check the wiring in the COP. Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Posted By: sccjr

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 04:46 AM

A few ideas. I had a rupture valve iterm give me issuses until one day it failed for good w/ an entrapee, that was a fun one, but I finally found the problem after numerous calls w/ a stld fault. Also you could have a low pressure sw acting up or a sticky packing, check your down leveling speed, those otis packings are known to be a bit troublesome. The down direction limit sw's also could be a possibility.
Posted By: Take the stairs

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 05:32 AM

I agree with Scott, had that problem with a 4 stop udjusted magnets at all floors , and replaced tape guides. Car hasn't had any problems since.
Posted By: Derick

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/27/13 06:02 PM

make sure DA is set correctly if not it will never leave the floor in the down when the oil is cold
Posted By: Len

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/28/13 05:20 AM

..Derick is right..many STLD,s are corrected by taking out on DA at least 1/2 turn...also optos on the Reader boards have shown to have problems.,and are too weak to pick-up the magnets..also a bounce in the doorlock or gate swith..while car is initiated a down input..have had this one drove me crazy...
Posted By: elevatedone

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/28/13 07:21 PM

Set parking for the first floor after one minute.
It relevels at the 2nd floor,overshoots then hits the limit.
I did this to all my units,when I had units.

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/29/13 12:06 AM

Thanks for all the tips! We've done a lot of these things. We'll have to wait to see what happens.
Posted By: Len

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 06/30/13 07:32 AM

211's should not overshoot..limits are adjusted for 1.5"Above top landing..holeless will seep down a little bit as oil cools down...software is implemented to allow car to relevel after it is parked for a period of time..upon activation of hall call

to

Re: Intermittent 211 Fault - 07/04/13 05:16 AM

Good Job Derick! It was the DA adjustment that was causing the issue. I guess the oil would cool just enough during the slow time to restrict the flow through the valve. Good one for the memory bank! Thanks again....
© 2024 Elevator Forum