Home

TAC32 Modernization

Posted By: Rick44

TAC32 Modernization - 07/30/13 11:10 AM

Looking for some help. We have a customer who has a TAC32 Mod controller and would like to duplex this controller with an old Otis. Does anyone know who would make a controller that would interface with the TAC32? Someone told me that Vertec makes this controller for Thyssen. I have been trying to search the web for Vertec but I am not sure if I have the correct spelling of Vertec.
Posted By: E311

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 07/30/13 12:47 PM

Vertex? Vertical Express?
Posted By: Rick44

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 07/30/13 03:52 PM

Thanks I will try them.
Posted By: GearJammer

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/02/13 03:12 AM

Old Otis with a serial controller? Doubtful
Posted By: Postal

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/02/13 04:45 AM

It can be done
External I/O expansion cards

Dispatching will be fubar
Posted By: GearJammer

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/03/13 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Postal
It can be done
External I/O expansion cards

Dispatching will be fubar

Yes...it can be done with expansion boards I agree, but what a waste of money and time! Cutting into those circuits will create a nightmare from day one. I wouldn't do it. Its the cheap way out and not the best....In my opinion smile
Posted By: sccjr

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/03/13 02:37 AM

Anything can be done with a few relays and some electrical skill set. I actually enjoy doing these type of projects. Its like doing a mod and keeping the group somewhat together. Of course the duplexing won't be perfect but thats something you let the customer know from the get.
Posted By: Elevatorfella

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/04/13 01:26 AM

I realize this does not really apply to this post, but had a long day on a TAC32. The hall calls quit working, and had wired faults pop up. Door locks, hate switch, spun my wheels going through door op, interlocks, etc. ended up in the start up wizard on the UIT, relearned the CAN nodes, verified them....no luck....did it again, and went to the end of the menu....make sure that you write to flash!! Then they worked fine. I had a low RAM memory battery fault, replaced the battery, crossing my fingers. Unit is about 2 years old, this is the first problem. Could the low battery have caused this? I got lucky and TK left all manuals, memory stick, etc. with the unit. Talked to a TK guy that I used to work with, he says that the TAC32 has major software issues on the newer units......any thoughts
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/04/13 06:56 AM

I think the DMC was god and we should still install them.
Posted By: galaxy

Re: TAC32 Modernization - 12/04/13 01:42 PM

I'm dealing with software issues on 2 different tac 50-04 jobs. Can't wait until we get some tac 32's to work on
© 2024 Elevator Forum