Home

Slow Peelle doors

Posted By: traction

Slow Peelle doors - 08/27/13 09:49 PM

Got a job on my route that has some peelle doors. This is a newer job, everything runs fine, but on some floors the hall doors are running slower than others. From what I see there is no speed control on these motors. All doors move reasonably freely by hand. These have the "pancake" motors.

Any suggestions? I've tried cleaning and lubing the door tracks.
Posted By: E-man

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/27/13 10:02 PM

There have to be speed and limit sensors/switches on each floor, are they electronic bullseye sensors?

What kind of freight is it?

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/27/13 10:13 PM

There are fast and slow speed sensors, but speed control is either fast or slow travel as per relays in the door controller. Door controller is the v200 I believe with plc, and hydro is older montgomery. I believe the doors were modded with the door controller, but it was done by another company.

Basically demand is for high speed and door travel is slower than it should be. The switches on hall doors are mechanical. I have not visually checked to see if the chains are slipping on the idlers. Not really very familiar with peelle doors, so learning as I go. Doors are verticle btw.
Posted By: Len

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/27/13 10:45 PM

Peelle freight doors at each landing just above the zone christmas tree contacts there is a box which houses two seperate dials which one on the bottom I believe controls the open..hi speed /slowdown microswitch and final limits also when the cam drops there are three hi speed contacts (zone swith box for both open and closed operations as well as doorlock contacts..make sure these contacts are clean and have good continuity they provide the power feeds for each set of door motors..also make sure the chain tensions are equal so that both motors are pulling the weight of the doors the same...machine room Peelle controller has relays which control hoistway door hi/lo speed as well as gate hi/lo speeds...slowdown switches as mentioned above need to activate 12'' before open/close operation..also clean motor drive sheaves and chains too much oil on the drums will cause doors to loose traction in the open and close and will cause a speed decrease as well..thats all I can remember hope this helped you..

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/27/13 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Len
Peelle freight doors at each landing just above the zone christmas tree contacts there is a box which houses two seperate dials which one on the bottom I believe controls the open..hi speed /slowdown microswitch and final limits also when the cam drops there are three hi speed contacts (zone swith box for both open and closed operations as well as doorlock contacts..make sure these contacts are clean and have good continuity they provide the power feeds for each set of door motors..also make sure the chain tensions are equal so that both motors are pulling the weight of the doors the same...machine room Peelle controller has relays which control hoistway door hi/lo speed as well as gate hi/lo speeds...slowdown switches as mentioned above need to activate 12'' before open/close operation..also clean motor drive sheaves and chains too much oil on the drums will cause doors to loose traction in the open and close and will cause a speed decrease as well..thats all I can remember hope this helped you..

Excellent thanks! I'll take a look, that definately helps.
Posted By: jkh

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/28/13 12:11 AM

Traction
You can download their pdf files at www.peelledoor.com

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/28/13 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By: jkh
Traction
You can download their pdf files at www.peelledoor.com

Thanks I found the manual covering maintenance, that is a big help. Same old story, you take over a job and there are no manuals to be found. At least they did leave the prints wink
Posted By: Elevatorfella

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/28/13 12:38 AM

I had freight door doing the same thing. The sheaves had oil and grease on them. Get a can of Comet cleanser and rub it on the sheave and chain. Took care of my problem.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 08/28/13 01:05 AM

Remember to check the bearings as they effect the running of the doors but its a bummer of a job. Also check the tracking of the huge counterweight as if its getting caught up the motors aren't strong enough to handle the load without them.
Posted By: Rick

Re: Slow Peelle doors - 09/02/13 08:23 PM

Yes, Comet cleanser to dry off the lube you added. These are friction drive and the comet should take care of your problem.
© 2024 Elevator Forum