Home

New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic)

Posted By: bayblue

New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 09/12/13 06:41 PM

Received a trouble call today on one of these newer schindler lifts. I have no idea what this unit is called but it's a machineroomless design and uses belts to lift the car. You need a special schindler key to access the controller. This particular lift is a two stop and it got me thinking if this is the future of low rise schindler lifts? I have zero experience working on them nor does anyone from my company, so I'm here to ask: has anyone from a different company made any progress on working on these units or are they so proprietary that it's not worth dealing with? Does schindler need to be there for the annual inspection to preform the necessary tests? This whole unit although neat, seems to be a step in the extreme proprietary direction. So what's the word gentlemen? What are your views on this particular piece of equipment if you've seen it?
Posted By: mustang

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 09/12/13 10:25 PM

Its probably a 3300 they are very proprietary somewhat hard to work on without Schindler training I have installed several of these units when I worked for them and they are so different than any other Schindler equipment did they leave any job books or prints there should be a small 5x7 book that tells you what the error codes mean without that your screwed there should also be a book that shows how to do all the test and some wago jumpers for testing the brake
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 09/12/13 11:37 PM

What kind of company do you work for? Some of your questions are interesting.
Posted By: Ken1

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/01/13 03:44 AM

Its a 3300 they are illegal in cali

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/01/13 04:08 AM

I sure hope you are not the tech answering the call. Good Lord I don't even like posting on this site due to this junk......I hope you are the building engineer not the tech doing the work. If you are the tech Yes you should call Schindler and have them onsite anytime you do anything to this unit
Posted By: sccjr

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/01/13 12:10 PM

Just ran into a new install job spec'd for this 3300 out here in TX. My vendor can't match the spec or anything similar, so Schindler is going to be the only elevator contractor bidding this job. Good luck to the GC on getting a fair price. I believe the total rise is 23' @ 150fpm. Interesting direction our trade is going.
Posted By: Postal

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/02/13 06:11 AM

He said wago

😝😝😝😝

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/06/13 09:25 PM

Sbrmilitia I am the tech, however once I showed up to the job I realized what it was. I wasn't planning on doing any work to it which was the reason for my post. The only thing I looked for on the job was a simple fix, safety string etc... I'll gladly leave it to Schindler haha!

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/06/13 09:51 PM

Why did your company take this contract on maintenance if you can't work on it?

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/06/13 09:55 PM

Guess my other question would be why did this building install a propitiatory piece of equipment if they want to get a low ball maintenance contact with a company who either does not have this equipment reversed engineered or sticking with the manufacture who has tools and parts to keep it running?
Posted By: traction

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/06/13 09:59 PM

Who's to say the OEM offers the best maintenance?

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/06/13 09:59 PM

It was a mistake, the older elevator was demo'd and they had Schindler install this newer unit. We work on the majority of the elevators for this particular property management company so it was an oversight. They called to have an elevator fixed as usual, what they didn't realize is that it's still under warranty plus we won't work on it anyway.

Re: New(er) low rise schindler (non hydraulic) - 11/07/13 01:10 AM

You can be the greatest maintenance company on earth but If you do not have the tool or sign with a company who has reversed engineered a tool to troubleshoot, make adjustment etc. Then your great company isn't so great anymore. That's one clean elevator, machine room, pit, car tops looks great, but damn it never runs and when it goes down it takes them weeks to fix it.......my point
© 2024 Elevator Forum