Home

Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi

Posted By: REJIVIJAY

Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 02:45 AM

Dear All,
During my inspection on Mitsubishi elevator (17 pers,10 stops,90 mpm) I have noticed that machine data plate showing 7 ropes,but the supplier installed only 6 ropes,One of the groove remain unused.Can any one advise,is it an installation error?
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 04:02 AM

The data tag would be correct. 1 rope will hold the elevator, the other ropes are for traction. Most likely a rope broke instead of re-roping the car they just took the rope off. This questions worries me coming from a inspector.
Posted By: traction

Re: Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 05:16 AM

Is that how elevators are done in Brunei?

Re: Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 08:06 AM

Thank you all for the comments.I have observed most of the elevators (Mitsubishi) in Brunei having this issue.This issue starts from Installation.These elevators are in operation since 15+Years.
Just recently we started the inspection.
Thank you all for your time and advise.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 12:49 PM

I have seen Drive Sheaves with a groove empty many times. The load on the Sheave shaft, the speed of the unit, among other things dictate the type, size, and number of Hoist Ropes. Many times the manufacturer will have a sheave that has one too many grooves but meets all other criteria, and they will use the sheave and still be code compliant.

Re: Number of Ropes-Mitsubishi - 10/20/13 01:43 PM

Thank you John.
© 2024 Elevator Forum