Home

Chenney Handi Lift 2

Posted By: jkh

Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 10/24/13 04:15 PM

Does any one have a write up or tips for replacing the roller guides on this type of wheel chair lift?
Posted By: ABE

Re: Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 10/24/13 11:21 PM

I'm not sure there is such a write up but if its the lift I'm thinking of and the rollers run in a buried channel, there are only two pain in the ass options to change them.

Option 1. If you have enough overhead and a place to safely pick from you might be able to hoist the whole car frame out of the tower and change them which might require you to disconnect the travel cables.

Option 2. You can cut access holes on either side of the tower but make sure they are high and low enough to get to the top and bottom rollers. You have to be very carefully on the cuts though, as you will have to keep the cut outs patch the whole you cut.

I know both these options suck but I don't really think Chenney put any thought into field replacing these rollers when they assembled theses lifts as a complete unit in their factory. I know cause our repair crew has had to change theses rollers a hand full of times now.

Re: Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 10/25/13 01:15 AM

Thanks Abe,
Looks like we are going with option 2. We are going to cut access holes.

A big company salesman gave them a price to fix it. The mechanic showed up, looked around, called the office then walked off the job...

Wow, glad this is T&M.

Re: Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 11/08/13 09:48 PM

Abe
The maintenance man decided to give it a try! Opps, know we have more work :-)
I was able to find a manual and prints. And there is no mention on changing the guide rollers...
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 11/09/13 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: jkh
Abe
The maintenance man decided to give it a try! Opps, know we have more work :-)
I was able to find a manual and prints. And there is no mention on changing the guide rollers...

This is where skill kicks in!!
Posted By: ABE

Re: Chenney Handi Lift 2 - 11/09/13 02:47 AM

Hahaha from the sound of it, it didn't go so hot for the maintenance man. Probably thought he was going to save a bunch of money. We usually figure 6-8 hours depending on travel time with 2 mechanics when we do them. Most companies by me won't touch them.
© 2024 Elevator Forum