Home

Local 21 Death

Posted By: Postal

Local 21 Death - 11/03/13 03:11 AM

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Elevator-Maintence-Man-Falls-to-His-Death-230369511.html

Young in his career fella, they found him in the pit

Prayers to his family
Posted By: SEC Reject

Re: Local 21 Death - 11/03/13 03:30 PM

My sympathies to his family.

Any idea who he worked for?
Posted By: Postal

Re: Local 21 Death - 11/03/13 08:38 PM

Yup TKE

I once worked him as a apprentice very humble fella
Posted By: traction

Re: Local 21 Death - 11/03/13 10:56 PM

Very sad. We will pray for his family.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Local 21 Death - 11/04/13 12:39 AM

our prayers for his family
Posted By: tminus321

Re: Local 21 Death - 12/15/13 07:01 PM

I know I have gotten comfortable working on elevators. I've never witnesses something catastrophic malfunction. Ie. Counterwieghts already out of rail..I look for "freakish" things that "Might" go wrong.. We love u and miss u Richard.
Posted By: tminus321

Re: Local 21 Death - 12/15/13 07:13 PM

"We" should look for "freakish" things that "might" go wrong.. It couldn't have happened to a more safety oriented man than Richard. Its really hard to grasp. "Why"? How? Richard! talk to me? Only he knows what really happened. Sometimes I hate this trade..
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: Local 21 Death - 12/16/13 03:30 AM

We had a safety stand down last week due to this this. It was a Friday afternoon. Richard was going stop by check this out then go home. Reported the elevator was making noise. Machine room and machine was in the basement. He ran the car up and stuck his head out in the hoist way and then got struck by the counterweight frame that was out of the rails.

His sister was having a wedding the next day. All of his family was in town and staying at his house.

He did not check out at the end of the day. Supervisor could not get a hold of him. A repair crew was working in the area was asked to go check on him and they are the ones who found him.

From the pictures we were shown the equipment was relay logic Otis.
© 2024 Elevator Forum