Home

Kone Adon board upgrade

Posted By: danzeitz

Kone Adon board upgrade - 11/27/13 02:29 PM

We are trying to upgrade to an Adon 2 board. There is a new adapter connection and everything else plugs in the old locations. We had intermittent problems and were upgrading. When we hooked up the new Adon 2 board as soon as we turned the car on we smoked resistor 314 !!! Is there something else we should of done are did we just get a bad board from Kone Spares?????
Posted By: koneisland

Re: Kone Adon board upgrade - 11/28/13 06:31 AM

AC supplies for car lights/fan go through ADO boards which remains live even when lift is switched off. I would check out lights fans etc before fitting another new board
Posted By: Elevator_Steve

Re: Kone Adon board upgrade - 12/03/13 03:25 AM

car lights/fan do not go thru the ADON board...you're probably thinking of the CCBN. As for the board smoking as soon as it was plugged in...I would check your connections. My guess is something was crossed up.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Kone Adon board upgrade - 12/03/13 12:02 PM

Turned out to be just a bad board form Kone Spares. We installed the next board the same way and set it up no problems. Thanks guys.
Posted By: koneisland

Re: Kone Adon board upgrade - 12/03/13 12:06 PM

Car light supply goes through ADO boards on Monospace MkI models.
I have had to replace a few myself after accidently grounding live parts when trying to be clever and changing car light tubes with the power on.
© 2024 Elevator Forum