Home

Schindler MPH II

Posted By: bk2fla

Schindler MPH II - 02/24/14 04:36 PM

hello all.... I'm having an ongoing issue where at least every other day if not everyday I am finding this car shutdown on the bottom floor. almost like in LOT. for the life of me I cant figure out what is going on. I have checked all limits, doors, starter, swapped boards in controller, sensors in COP, I'm not even 100% sure it is tripping low oil. everytime we find it at the bottom floor, level with the floor, unresponsive. please help if you can!!!! I'm going insane!!! I don't have any diagnostic tools.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Schindler MPH II - 02/24/14 07:10 PM

I had a problem like this on an MPH, it turned out that when the controller turned on the motor to heat the oil, it would move the car. All I did was come out on the BP sizing adjuster till the unit quit moving. As you stated it would time out a timer and look like LOT.You may also want to check the timers associated with cold and hot oil and their sensors that turn them on or off.
Posted By: Vatorgator

Re: Schindler MPH II - 02/25/14 03:17 AM

tool is not that expensive, could have paid for itself with just this one call. it could be a lot of things, you need to get a tool to see what mode the car is in when it is shut down. without it, you are really are going to go insane. :} if you can't spend the 1500 bucks for the ECI Tool, you can purchase a two technology hand held unit for about 400 bucks, works just as well, just need to program the comm settings, and wire up a cable. Only problem with the cheaper tool is you have to use a cheat sheet, to access the menus, but it really is not to bad.
Posted By: Kone D

Re: Schindler MPH II - 02/25/14 05:06 AM

had a problem similar to this in a nuc plant, thought I would die of radiation poisoning before I fixed it. finally changed relay board and problem went away. also check those pesky auxiliary contacts.
Posted By: xyelevator

Re: Schindler MPH II - 02/25/14 09:28 AM

we have the Schindler door debugging tool if you need

I can give you some instructions for free
Posted By: E-man

Re: Schindler MPH II - 02/25/14 10:28 PM

Low Oil/AST
457T
Com Prob
Relevel Prob
Bypass set incorrectly
Oh No I'm Lost
Whew I'm Hot

You need a tool to know for sure.
Posted By: bk2fla

Re: Schindler MPH II - 03/05/14 06:07 PM

thanks for all the input!!! turns out it was the cold oil turning on the motor and moving the car!! I am going to look into getting the tool. thanks a bunch guys you all were a great help
© 2024 Elevator Forum