Home

dover dmc-1

Posted By: bk2fla

dover dmc-1 - 03/05/14 06:23 PM

hey ya. I have a unit that cycles the doors whenever the hell it feels like it. Already replaced the door board. It doesn't do it frequently enough for me to think it is a lock or gate issue. This is a 2 stop hydro and it does it on both floors. Any ideas?
Posted By: bayblue

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/05/14 07:28 PM

I'd check the programming, also make sure when you replaced the board that all the plastic clips have been pushed all the way through the new board and secured. I'd also check the pick up assys for proper adjustment and door contacts. Check and see if your dcl is leaving enough clearance for the pick up rollers when the door is relaxed.
Posted By: sccjr

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/05/14 09:55 PM

A couple things. Car door is drifting open off DCL and/or clipping p/u roller as it's drifting open. Another possibility you have another floor h/w door intl'k contact that is interm. opening when car is away from that floor. Remember doors will cycle with open door lock any floor or gate or no DCL.
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/07/14 03:46 AM

Yup your limits aren't set correctly, if your doors drift while they are on the limit its not right. You move a limit you gotta do a door scan. No updated door scan problem will never go away.

Common on two speed side slide.
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/07/14 03:47 AM

Seems like a problem a service manager would have...jk
Posted By: Boa

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/07/14 09:44 PM

Also check the magnet holders. I've seen them crack allowing magnet to move.

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/10/14 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Seems like a problem a service manager would have...jk

that's just the tip of the iceberg buddy!!! lol

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/10/14 04:29 PM

thanks for all the threads!!!
Posted By: mjm

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/10/14 05:52 PM

these units will cycle the doors when ever one of the following is opened. Hw lock, DCL, or Gate sw. DR. Note, the damn stroke adjustment on the door operator can allow the car door to "drift" off the dcl sensor. Then the doors will cycle. or HW door lock. The stroke adjustment on the hd85 operator,well, all Dover operators, needs to be strong enough to hold the door shut when there is no power on it.

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/10/14 05:52 PM

especially if it is a side opening. they are notorious

Re: dover dmc-1 - 03/10/14 05:54 PM

also, the doors will not power up on viscosity control and sometimes the doors can drift as well.
© 2024 Elevator Forum