Home

ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise

Posted By: JWB

ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 01:04 PM

We just finished installing a ThyssenKrupp I-2 valve upgrade on an older Dover elevator. The elevator runs fine with the new valve but it has developed a noise that sounds like cavitation. The oil level is fine and the elevator operates correctly. My only problem is this loud noise. Any ideas?
Posted By: Silly

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 01:34 PM

Just the valve? Not the pump unit as well? I have had some pumps with some noise before, but never a valve issue. There is a softener we use from CAT that is for hydraulic systems, helps with packings and smoothes out twinposts that sometimes have dry seals that cause some chatter.

Keep us updated, I am a new install adjuster, work on 5-7 new I-2's a week or so.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 01:48 PM

Does this noise only operate in the up direction when the pump is going? Try to separate which valve may be oscillating or radiating noise. Is this a standard valve system?
Posted By: E311

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 06:39 PM

Rags, packaging material or other crap could be starving the pump input. If its a dry pump unit, you may have have had the inlet hose break apart inside of itself creating a "flap" that starves the pump.
Posted By: DripCan

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 09:15 PM

By chance is the valve from Linden if so return it there gunk.
Posted By: E-man

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 10:00 PM

Gunk?
Posted By: rac66

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/28/14 11:25 PM

When does it make the noise... during acceleration, high speed, transition, and/or leveling? Does it only growl at upper landings when the oil level in the tank is lower?
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/29/14 01:19 AM

E3 11 is correct we have had several cases of clogged filter screens in the pump unit. Drain the tank check for foreign objects are collapsed hoses. Good luck
Posted By: sbrmilitia

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/29/14 01:29 AM

You can always pull the up leveling adjuster and see if there is anything in it. Really easy and quick. If you find shavings etc you can expect to see more inside the valve. Count the threads!
Posted By: Postal

Re: ThyssenKrupp I-2 Valve Noise - 05/29/14 02:30 AM

Rode one of them Linden valves once
Prettiest accel and decel I've seen yet
But it hammered the Crap out of you right smack
I'm the middle of high speed plateau
© 2024 Elevator Forum