Home

HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL

Posted By: Antonio

HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/12/14 10:05 AM

Hello,
please help,
have to maintenance schindler smart mrl but i do not have any manual/schematics/troubleshooting to do the job.
How to supply?
Thanks.
Posted By: ThyssenKrapp

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/13/14 04:29 PM

What issues do you have??

Where in the world are you?
Posted By: coriice1

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/29/14 09:14 PM

I have a schindler smart mrl 002 which isnt in operation either. There is a blinking red light next to 'door err'. And the panel shows an error code 'F 1'.
Posted By: Alex75

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/30/14 07:08 PM

F1 = Overcurrent

Vacon frequency converter has measured too high current (>4xIn) in the motor output.

*Sudden heavy oad increase *Check loading
*Shot circuit in the motor cables *Check cables
*Unisuitable motor *Check motor size

That is a direct copy from the manual, i have never seen this fault my self...

/Alex75
Posted By: koss

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/30/14 07:10 PM

Same question has been asked in code questions guys,,,be very careful what info you give out,,
Posted By: rac66

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/30/14 07:39 PM

^Yeah, calling Schindler to check it out may be your best bet.
Posted By: jkh

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 09/30/14 10:49 PM

Good call Koss,
I'm not sure Antonio & Coriice are anything more then strangers. Even a building maintenance person would likely give more details. This forum is becoming "better known". I hate to do this! But when I read someone's post I want to see something that makes me believe they are a part of the industry.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 02:27 PM

Hi Alex75,

Where can I get a manual for Schindler SMart MRl 002?

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 02:32 PM

Please also look at code section,,,same question,,same person,,why don't you just call in your elevator company with whom you should have a maintenance contract,,,please stop messing about with lifts,,all of us have seen what happens when non qualified people get involved,,
Posted By: Alex75

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 03:07 PM

coriice1<< If you are not an qualified lift engineer, you have no need for this. Please remember, that passenger and your own safety should come first!

Regards
Alex75
Posted By: Monte Ball

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 03:29 PM

coriice1 == what they are trying to say is you probably shouldn't be working on this. There is always the legal aspect of "hey it is MY elevator, I own it" but you have to put the safety of the public first. In other words, A Schindler Smart Series needs (especially) to be worked on by a licensed elevator company or a licensed elevator mechanic. Even if you had the manual, and I say this respectfully, you are probably not going to be able to fix it.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 04:31 PM

Alex75,

You guys are assuming stuff.
I am not the one working on the elevator, I never said I am. Please dont blow this out of proportion.
I have the electrical drawings but not the manual.
Would appreciate your assistance with the manual.

I do not know anything about electrical or technical issues with elevators, but I have someone who does. It isnt a schindler professional, but its a mechanical professional.

I cant imagine how this entire thing got blown out of proportion? Is it because I said I am the owner of the building? I mean I never indicated that I was repairing anything.

I just scrolled up to read where this all started and its pretty funny. Why all this cautioning by assumptions?

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 04:49 PM

I just got the Schindler Smart MRL 002 User Manual.
What I need is the Schindler Smart Quick Reference Configuration and Diagnostics Smart MRL 001/002 Manual or the Schindler Smart MRL 002 Solutions for Problems Manual.

Can anyone assist me?

And for all the assumers, the person I am in contact with installs and repairs Schindler Elevators. Their main type of elevator dealt with is Thyssenkrapp.

However, they do not install my type of Schindler, the Smart MRL Series so I have been asked to retrieve some information. I told them I have the electricals but not the manual.
(Don't understand why I had to explain all this, only needed assistance, but I'm getting cautionings for no apparent reason)

Due to my computer skills as little as they may be, I just got the manual. But I need one of the other two manuals Ive mentioned above.

I need assistance.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 04:59 PM

Alex75,

Thank you for the F1 information.
The guy did mention about a problem with the inverter.
And I've recently found out there may be some electrical issue in certain parts of the building which our electrician is working on.

Thanks again

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/03/14 10:14 PM

Coriice,
As an Elevator Profesional to a Building Owner, I will gladly answer your question. I am doing this to eliminate all assumption.

The materials such as manuals, prints & parts you will need to contact Scindler Elevator Company. Since they are the ones who manufactured the equipment, they are the ones who have what you are looking for!

With that said, it's your choice to call them. And I have no doubt they will not supply you with the information you seek. If you are familiar with the term "LIABILITY" you will understand.

I wish you the best you the best of luck.
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/04/14 10:05 AM

You say you are NOT the one doing the work...they why doesnt the person who IS come and ask the questions!!!
and I dont understand you say they are SCHINDLER people but only install ThyssenKrupp equipment???
Posted By: E-man

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/04/14 06:22 PM

Sounds fishy to me too. If he had a licensed elevator technician working on his elevator, he wouldn't be on here asking for info.
Posted By: Monte Ball

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/05/14 03:16 AM

coriice,

I have been in this industry for a long time. To my knowledge, only Schindler personnel INSTALL Schindler. 3 of the big 4 will not allow others to install their elevator. Thyssen will allow it through Vertical Express (Vertex -- I think they changed their name again, I don't know). In other words, any third party installer / elevator company with a Vertex account (which we have) can by a Thyssen package, Thyssen tac controller with on screen display, and have a complete elevator to install. With that said, I don't understand how you can say your guy installs Schindler elevators but mostly handles Thyssen? I've been doing this for awhile and I don't think that is possible. If it is, let me know how it is. I am a lifelong learner and maybe can learn something new. But remember I deal with these 4 companies on the parts and troubleshooting side every day. I know certain people from each company very well.

Now, to try to help you. A Schindler Smart needs someone with special diagnostic tools to diagnose it....depending on the software. You'll have to buy any part(s) through someone (Adams or Shindler, Shindler owns Adams) and I don't think they are going to sell it to you without being a licensed elevator company, insurance, licensed techs, etc.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/05/14 03:58 AM

Finally, someone who isnt being suspicious for nothing.

Thank you for the diagnostics manual for the Smart MRL 002 Schindler elevator.
I will contact the guy with the information. I think this will be enough information to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 10/05/14 01:14 PM

Coriice,
You use the words suspicious and assumption to describe us. And yet no one has labeled you.

You have been honest saying you are a building owner and not a mechanic of any sort. And good for you for doing so. It shows character.

However, I stand by the line I've drawn. To give this information to you is dangerous, reckless and irresponsible. I'm sure you tried Schindler first. And I have no doubt they wouldn't provide you with these materials. They have learned from this mistake already. Just walk into their legal department and ask if it's ok to give out!

I can only hope the person who gave you this information realizes the hazards after reading this post.

Again I wish you the best of luck.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/20/14 09:26 PM

Hi Alex 75,

Update!!!!!
Our Schindler Smart MRL 002 Elevator had a few communication problems. We received the F1 error because of the inverter. The drive was not turning on. We cleaned the contacts and it is functioning again. However, the control board has power going to it but it isn't turning on. The technician guy suggested we get a new control board, we are in the process of doing that now.

By the way I forgot to mention our Schindler Elevator is a european brand and not US brand. Schindler USA does not install such small elevators as the one we have. The technician who assisted us used to be an agent for Schindler USA, he is an agent for thyssenKrupp americas right now. Because the initial installers only gave us the electrical schematics and not the manuals I came on here for assistance. (The original elevator installer is no longer in a position to give us service)

The drive is now communicating with the main board, but there is no communication with the control board so the car is unable to move.

Hopefully we will get through. However if we don't, the second option I am considering is making the elevator non-proprietary.

Just wanted to give you an update.

Thanks!!
Posted By: Elev8ed1

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/21/14 06:35 AM

"How to supply?" What the hell does that mean? I'd like to see a "mechanics only" section. That would clear things up a bit. It might still be abused, but at least I could automatically assume I'm helping other trained professionals when asked as long as I'm in that section.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/21/14 06:38 AM

Sound like your Vacon drive board is up the shoot

You can buy a recon drive from NDC

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/21/14 07:57 AM

Sure it's called a Smic board,,,by memory,,,if a red fault led is on on the board,,,it is kaput! Does sound like its gone,,common fault on schindler mrls over here,,

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/21/14 09:11 AM

The vacon drive came back online. Its the board with the two relays which has gone offline now.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/24/14 04:00 PM

The SDIC board.

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 11/24/14 04:32 PM

Yes we purchased an SDIC board recently

Think it was about £700.00
Posted By: lifer65

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 01/20/15 03:16 AM

The sad truth is that the most important questions you need to ask about elevators are the questions you ask before you purchase one. The big guys don't want you to know for two reasons, liability, and it keeps you coming back. That's how they make their money.
Posted By: Timothy A. Jones

Re: HELP SCHINDLER SMART MRL - 05/16/18 02:03 AM

Good day.
I'm running through this post and I'm currently in the same situation where the Vacon drive registered error 1 after heavy rainfall. I'm a experienced trained lift technician who worked on many Schindler elevators over 13 years but this is the first time I came across the Schindler Smart 002 MRL Euro Lift and I'm in need of the electrical schematics and error index and also any relevant info that I may need to reinstall a drives and properly recommission the elevator. Can anyone help me in this aspect. It would be greatly appreciated.
© 2024 Elevator Forum