Home

otis 211 car gong trouble

Posted By: Scott Davidson

otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/16/15 06:02 AM

Have an easy one, can't fix a simple gong circuit. had a power spike on a 211 recently, took out a rs board for the car calls, and the down car direction lantern would not go out. replaced the rs board, and car runs fine, however i cannot get the down car direction lantern to turn off, the up car direction lantern works great, and all the hall direction lanterns work great. tested the rsl/io with tool, and the lantern address is 28-1 for up, and 28-2 for down i can turn on the output for the up, and light the lantern, but even with the output saying off, the down lantern is still on, so i changed the address to 29-1 and 29-2 for lanterns, and change lantern board dress to 29, same thing up works fine, and down stays on all the time. even if i turn the address off to 000, it still stays on? seems like a simple problem, but I'm missing something here. any ideas we replaced board, and still same problem it has 2 boards, one in each jamb, and they both do the same thing.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/17/15 02:31 AM

-So you have toggled the bit to try and see if it will turn off?
-changed the address location in case the o/p has been fudged?
-Even changed the o/p for the direction gong to not o/p to see if this changes anything?

Good work here, but I wonder if there is a funny logic that is switching it on permanently ie what about fire service/recall, independent service, even a software issue? I would go thru the imputs and switch/disconnect them all off and see if this changes the arrow state. other than that the only thing left is either a wiring issue hard on(don't think this is true) or a serial data issue( cant remember if it is serial but I think so, so check for bus resistor failures).

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/17/15 04:51 AM

yes uppo, this is a strange one, i checked the serial link at the controller and at the gong board, and the frequency was right on at 1200-1300 hz. i have had trouble with the frequency changing, and doing strange things with other cars, but this is right on. I also went thru every parameter and io setting, and everything was as per the job sheets. one thing a otis guy told me was to clear the PF ram, which i completely forgot about, so i will try that next week.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/17/15 08:17 AM

Ah ok mate no probs. Just for my benefit what is the PF ram?
Posted By: NewMech

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/18/15 03:23 AM

Sometimes when you are manually turning things on and off, they get stuck on. Clearing PF (power failure) ram resets anything that you might have turned on. Used to be called batt ram.
Posted By: tony

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/18/15 05:50 AM

I would make up a setup to test a lantern from the machine room..at least you sould know a direction to head...unplug the link to the car..plug in you test jig ...test the I/o..do it at the car where to lantern plugs in ..if that is good..
Posted By: Len

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/20/15 05:06 AM

...don,t know if you said you swapped out the TVI board,behind the cop..all the serial link communications can be affected by this..
Posted By: billvator

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 01/25/15 03:25 AM

did you replace both boards on both jambs devices? i had a similar problem with a hall button in a group and it was a the other hall station that was giving me problems?

Re: otis 211 car gong trouble - 02/28/15 04:55 PM

cleared PF Ram, M 1 5 1 problem cleared thats a good one to remember
© 2024 Elevator Forum