Home

TS timer on MCE traction controller

Posted By: doggie

TS timer on MCE traction controller - 02/27/15 04:33 PM

Can anyone explain to me the function of the TS timer on the MCE traction controller. It appears in series with coil right of SAF relay. Had a situation where this was intermittently opening for no apparent reason at car stop/door open sequence dropping the output and causing the door to stall. I am sure the timer has failed, but don't understand what it's purpose is in the circuit. The mce manual was not helpful, could not find any discussion on it in there.
Posted By: Msd

Re: TS timer on MCE traction controller - 02/27/15 06:24 PM

That TS timer just delays the SAF relay to pick. I suspect MCE put that in to let the Comptuer load before letting the relays pick.
Posted By: JustWolf

Re: TS timer on MCE traction controller - 02/27/15 06:46 PM

On there newer boards they have elimited them. Had 1 fail, and they said that it could be jumped out. But I would call to get that on record from the factory. CYA
Posted By: Silly

Re: TS timer on MCE traction controller - 02/27/15 08:08 PM

MSD is on it. Heard they needed it for the slower processors to have time to fire on self check, before allowing SAFE to come back online at end of run self check. Newer boards had this deleted because of the newer (faster) processors.

Solid advice though to get this directly from factory before deleting or jumping out.
Posted By: doggie

Re: TS timer on MCE traction controller - 02/28/15 02:54 AM

Thanks for the info. My temporary jumper will likely become permanent, unless that slow boat from China finally arrives with it.
© 2024 Elevator Forum