Tac 20

Posted By: Qeiscets

Tac 20 - 04/20/15 08:07 PM

Trying to locate a TAC 20 tool. Lap top or fast
Posted By: BillS

Re: Tac 20 - 04/20/15 11:59 PM

ECI in Florida make a laptop that cover TAC 20 thru 50
Call (321) 783-5858.
You can tell them Bill Seymour sent you.
Posted By: Qeiscets

Re: Tac 20 - 04/22/15 12:51 PM

Thanks Bill!
Posted By: BillS

Re: Tac 20 - 04/23/15 07:05 PM

Sorry, I may have sent you in the wrong direction.
ECI repair the DMC tools and will repair the TAC boards.
I do think that World electronics have a TAC tool
Posted By: PartsGuy34117

Re: Tac 20 - 05/01/15 07:47 PM

Immediate turnaround repairs from our service department, technical support from our engineers, and
replacement boards in stock are just 3 simple reasons to say YES to those once turned away contracts!
Buy one or all of the following software modules
or add a module as your business grows!
• Dover DMC-I™
• Dover Traction T-III™ / T-IV
™
• Schindler/Westinghouse MPH-I™ & MPH-2™
300A™ and EPOCH 1&2™
• Montgomery Miprom 21/Megatech
• US/Thyssen MP-1220™/MP-1230™/Ascension 1000™
• Kone ES-5000™ Escalator / M.A.C. Marathon™ D.O.B.
• M.A.C. Marathon
™ Worm Gear D.O.B.
Call our sales department and inquire about future software modules
currently under development.

That is from the world catalog - did not see they do tac tools
Posted By: jkh

Re: Tac 20 - 05/01/15 09:43 PM

Partsguy34117,
You forgot to include the following in your advertisement!

Web address
Phone number
Fax number
Address
Social security number
Wife and kids names!!!!
Posted By: Silly

Re: Tac 20 - 05/03/15 06:35 AM

Don't forget blood type JKH, and if they employ gingers....we all know gingers have no souls....
Posted By: Sales

Re: Tac 20 - 08/27/15 03:01 PM

JKH he posted our part numbers so I'll take care of it for PartsGuy34117......................

www.world-electronics.com
P - 1-800-523-0427
F - 610-939-9895
3000 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA. 19605

We at WORLD electronics thank you for all the positive comments on here. We also appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I'm sorry social security number wife and kids names are off limits lol.
Posted By: ABE

Re: Tac 20 - 08/27/15 03:16 PM

Is World going to develop a tool for any of the tke tac20,50, or32 stuff?

Re: Tac 20 - 08/31/15 12:15 PM

^^^ Abe the only information I have for you right now is we are trying.......
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Tac 20 - 09/01/15 07:20 PM

Something amiss there. World Electronics was purchased by Thyssen some time ago. Thyssen would not allow them to sell a tool.
Posted By: solidstate

Re: Tac 20 - 09/02/15 12:16 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow had no idea about that...
I hate that Gavin is now an employee of the big one.
Posted By: studly1nnc

Re: Tac 20 - 09/02/15 03:45 PM

Rolly where did you here this information. I deal with World alot and have not heard anything about a buy out.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/03/15 05:40 AM

That was at least 3-5 years ago. World would have long had a tool on the market by now. I am sure there are some records you could check but it has been common knowledge around here.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/17/15 07:58 PM

Guys WORLD electronics has not been bought by TK not sure where that info came from but it is definitely not true. We are still a small family owned business. Solidstate no worries Gavin is not an employee of the big one lol. And studly1nnc you are correct no buyout ever happened never discussed.

As I said we are still working on a tool for the tac's but do not have a timeframe for you all, I'm sorry.

Posted By: Justintime

Re: Tac 20 - 09/17/15 08:02 PM

If you need help developing a tool I know someone who could possibly help......but not sure if they would for legal reasons though

Re: Tac 20 - 09/17/15 08:12 PM

Thanks Justin we appreciate it we have it covered. This is what we are up against being we have to do it legally with proof.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/18/15 07:36 PM

Funny, Otis, Schindler, and Kone all have tools to access The 16 bit and 32 bit TK products all legal with proof. This is one of the biggest tool moneymakers and World has not done it in how many years of IMS tools being out? I was at Kone when tools were developed. It took about 3 Months to develop 16 bit with the help of a software company and all legal. Then about the same when 32 bit came out. Your telling me that World with all these engineers can't legally come up with a tool. Something wrong with this picture. Maybe the family has to check with the real owners first.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/18/15 08:02 PM

Rolly these oem's are using the tool to service the elevators they are not selling the tool BIG difference obviously. The legal ramifications are a lot more severe for us when you advertise and sell a tool for proprietary elevator control systems. As for not believing we are family owned take a trip up here we'll take you out to lunch and you can see for yourself.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/18/15 11:28 PM

Might just do that. My next question is how do you repair boards and KNOW they work if you cannot access them? If your just replacing a dark spot that is no assurance it will function properly. Then it's back and forth with a customer without an elevator and possibly the only one.
Posted By: Boa

Re: Tac 20 - 09/19/15 09:53 PM

Rolly you don't have to access them to check the inputs and outputs, when you change an indicator light how do you know it's not gonna burn out. Ease up on World, I've been dealing with them for years and have had no problems, they know what they're doing.
Sales, I commend you, you're being very patient and understanding with this person who obviously is trying.

Re: Tac 20 - 09/20/15 12:39 AM

Boa you do not know what your talking about. Had Dealings with World Years ago. I know when they started with the Haughton Works in Drawer stuff. They were very good on that but that was it. You cannot confirm a board works unless you hook it to a simulator and access it. I know better then your I/O check thinking a board is fixed. Go ahead pay for your disappointment and leave customers waiting. Also there is no difference between Selling and Using if it's Illegal.
Posted By: Vatorgator

Re: Tac 20 - 09/20/15 03:50 AM

Im with rolly on this one, definitely need a simulator to assure that a board is 100 percent repaired. If world is repairing tac boards, they must have simulators, and with that they must have some way to access them. I used to repair elevator boards for a few years, and know some of the guys that are still doing it today.
Now just to be fair, you can repair some boards just doing some basic checking of ic, etc. easy to find bad transistors, triacs, basic ic's caps etc. however , replacing these parts still does not guarantee the board will work, and as rolly indicates the board may come back with the result being a pissed off customer, and more down time, I've repaired hundreds of boards this way, and many came back. the old shotgun approach, if you replace enough parts, it will eventually work. the down side is longer down time for customers.
Now if you have a simulator, and more important board prints, then you will have a much better success rate. even the smaller shops have simulators for a good rannge of equipment. Now with the newer more complex boards on the market today, with surface mount components, and complicated communication chips, how can you possibly repair such a beast without some serious know how, not to mention serious equipment. I used to work for reliable elevator in the late 80's, We had many of our circuit boards made and sold by World Electronics, World has been doing a great job of board repair for many years. While at Reliable elevator, which was the largest independent company in los angeles at the time, we sent all of our circuit boards to world for repair, with a very good success rate. We did have an in house board repair shop, but for more complex items world was the choice. Sales, I believe a few of the principles at reliable also had a hand in the early stages of World Electronics business growth, correct me if I'm wrong. Its been a long time. I have always had a great success rate for boards repaired by World, when i need it fixed the first time, i will send boards to either World, or Access electronics. Both do a great job.
Sales, just wondering, How was it possible to create the DMC tool, and sale it legally? If you can sell the DMC tool, why can't you sell the tac 20 tool, are they not both proprietary? or was the dmc not proprietary ? Could you shed some light on this for us?
Well one thing rolly is right on is the money that could be made selling tools that can access all the TAC series of elevators. like rolly, I'm wondering what is the hold up for this tool. it must be something. just not quite sure what that something would be :}

Re: Tac 20 - 09/20/15 04:30 AM

Boa, i don't think rolly is being confrontational. He brings up a great question.
If world does indeed repair the tac series of boards, how do they test it.
Do they have a simulator, and "borrow" an IMS tool from someone to test it?
Have they already developed a tool, and use it to test the board?
Have they already developed the tool, and are agreeing not to sell it for some form of financial compensation from Thyssen?
Not sure of the other big guys, but for sure i know Otis has developed a tool for tac equipment. If rolly says the other have one also, no reason not to believe him.
With that being said, world definitely has the capability to make a tool.
Could it really be just a simple legal problem that prevents the sell?
again don't think rolly is confrontational. i think everyone is wondering whats up.

sales not sure how long you have worked at world, but do you remember
dick sauseta, andy neumann, bill chapman or tak s they would have worked with you guys in the early days while making boards for Reliable Elevator.
just curious

Re: Tac 20 - 09/20/15 05:07 AM

just did some internet searching, interesting stuff
world electronics has annual revenue of 20-50 million dollars
they have over 100 employees, Today WORLD Electronics has two locations in Pa.: one in Indiana, and the main headquarters in Reading with over 100 employees. Joe Rado Jr. started world electronics in 1986 with 8 employees
company is privately held. sadly Joe Rado Jr passed away last year.

I can't find anywhere on the world website, that they even repair or sell tac series boards. sales, do you sale or repair any of these boards? we have been getting ours from vertical express. but other options are always welcome

- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesherald/obituary.aspx?pid=170906423#sthash.Ylh0ZBNx.dpuf

Re: Tac 20 - 09/21/15 01:19 PM

^^^^Vatorgator, thanks for pulling this up all the info is correct but please understand we are also a Contract Manufacturer with 6 full automated pick and place lines. Visit www.worldsway.com if you have any interest in seeing that side of our business. Also we do not have any version of the TAC boards for sale Vatorgator sorry.

I'm going to try and address all the comments and questions......I'm sorry if I miss any or misword anything, I'm trying. I have been here a little over a year but have been around WORLD and close with the family for 30+ years.

First and foremost I signed up on here to try and help you all and learn from you not to have to constantly defend myself which is how I feel only being on here a week or so. Our process starts with deciding on a board that we know there are a lot of in the field. Then we reverse engineer the board via schematics, bom etc. Then from the schematic we design a test fixture-simulator to fully functionally test the board. As stated by Rolly long gone are the days of just component checking or gunning a board hoping to fix it.

The DMC was designed around 1986 so the technology was obviously a lot less complex. So to compare figuring out the DMC to the TAC is really not comparing apples to apples. Please trust me when I say we get calls weekly for the TAC tool, it would be very very fruitful for our company to be able to sell this, we wish we had it!!!

As I said I signed up on here to learn and possibly help you all in the future please take it easy on me lol. For the past 30 years WORLD has been here to help and support you all please know that.

Jason
Posted By: Elevate66

Re: Tac 20 - 03/19/19 08:34 PM

Good afternoon Parts Guy! Any chance you would know where I might be able to locate replacement software for a Ascension 1000?
Posted By: Local8Elev8rman

Re: Tac 20 - 03/19/19 10:26 PM

Qeiscets still looking for a Tac tool? Call PSI in Illinois and ask for Tom.
© 2024 Elevator Forum