Home

Safety Plank

Posted By: cshields

Safety Plank - 05/21/15 11:40 AM

Anyone know of any other universal safety plank manufacturers other than Hollister Whitney? Need new safeties because new cab interior far exceeds old safety capacity.
Posted By: ABE

Re: Safety Plank - 05/21/15 12:46 PM

I believe ThyssenKrupp Northern makes there own safeties. Can I ask why Hollister wont work?
Posted By: E311

Re: Safety Plank - 05/21/15 01:09 PM

Ouch, what about the machine capacity- sheave shaft load? Dont forget the building structure, has an engineer ok'd everything? Any deviation of 5% or greater requires an engineering review, who's OEM?
Posted By: lifer65

Re: Safety Plank - 05/21/15 10:33 PM

I agree with e331 holister makes safeties that bolt to the bottom of the old plank. If you have winding drum safeties and you add new safeties most likely your old governor will not be strong enough to Handel the new pull out requirements .just food for thought
Posted By: jkh

Re: Safety Plank - 05/21/15 11:55 PM

Is this the Otis 22CT machine you posted about in May?

If it's not, I don't envy you!

What are your thoughts of this job?

Does it look like it has trouble written all over it?

You may want to pull in the suits to figure out what else is May be under engineered.

Titan Machine

Posted By: Silly

Re: Safety Plank - 05/22/15 03:55 PM

Yeah the list does go on, from building support, brackets, rails, ropes, shackles, car frame itself...and that's just the bones to make it go. Now the bones that make it woah, safeties, governor, governor rope, buffers, pit floor structure...glad it's not me out on this.
© 2024 Elevator Forum