Home

Tac 20

Posted By: beaupeep

Tac 20 - 05/30/15 02:05 AM

Had pipe burst in apartment last night and rain down hoistway. Door op board blew up. Is it a straight swap or is there programming involved.
Posted By: Magic smoke

Re: Tac 20 - 05/30/15 03:30 AM

Just the door operator board should be a straight swap.
Posted By: Vatorgator

Re: Tac 20 - 05/30/15 03:39 AM

it depends, we have replaced a few of the door boards on tac20 and tac32 the UDC boards come with a tag on it that says caution factory test software loaded please load appropriate software or something to that affect. i have not tried it right out of the box, as i just download the generic software to the board. then down load the correct parameter list for the type of door.
i just installed a new smart tech thyssen board we bought, and it had the same caution tag on it, i did not change the software on this unit, and it worked
not sure if the UDC board will work right out of the box with factory test software, what ever that may be. maybe they are trying to make it more difficult the need be.
Posted By: Silly

Re: Tac 20 - 05/30/15 03:16 PM

Typically the generic UDC software is set up for AC center opening. Might have just gotten lucky vatorgator and it matched. You will need to get software for 90% of them to match the job correctly, whoever thought AC center opening was the norm is an idiot....

Process for doing it isn't horrible, let me know if you need some step by step instructions. Does the TAC 20 job have a flash drive? I think they were dumping generic door software on them for a while so that would be helpful.

Also TKE does not use the PA3 card anymore (typical for TAC 20), you will most likely get a PA6, so don't panic, they are a straight swap in that regard.

Re: Tac 20 - 05/31/15 04:11 AM

Silly, i didn't notice any flash drive. Step by step instructions would be great, never replaced this board before, thank you

Re: Tac 20 - 06/01/15 03:52 AM

you will also need a special adapter from vertical express or a thyssen buddy that will allow you to hook up your laptop to the board and use hyper terminal to download the software.

Re: Tac 20 - 06/01/15 08:13 PM

Ok peep, I will be on an inspection tomorrow that should allow me time for a precise write up, or if you like, private message me with a phone number and I can give you a ring. Hope to god you are in the US, don't wanna explain to the boss why I was calling Fiji....again...

Re: Tac 20 - 06/02/15 03:00 PM

Hey silly, can you get these boards pre-programmed from vertical express? Are these door ops set up the same way as a dover. I do have access to an ims tool

Re: Tac 20 - 06/02/15 07:23 PM

IMS helps, no idea about pre programming but it's worth a shot. Not sure how the DMC Dovers were set up as I was just a wee apprentice back then, and my job was simple, make my mechanic look good. Let me know if you need the help bud.

Re: Tac 20 - 06/04/15 03:24 PM

Replaced board today. Had to do a little reading, set up is a better version than a dmc

Re: Tac 20 - 06/05/15 04:29 AM

did you have to download generic software to the board?

Re: Tac 20 - 06/06/15 01:46 AM

Nope, just did a door scan with ims and than checked door operation with autocycle. It was just like programming the dover door op
© 2024 Elevator Forum