Home

Schindler MPH II

Posted By: WPeak

Schindler MPH II - 06/26/15 11:03 PM

We have a Schindler MPh II that has been having intermittent problems for a month now after a lightening strike. We have changed all boards and software but the problem remains. I can not chalk up to heat which I was trying to do when it ran a week during mild weather but in last couple of days it has went down serveal all times a day.
So what happens very intermittently is the computer appears to lock up with no faults. The doors stay open for no specific amount of time, somewhere from 30 secs to 5 mins, then will close, starter will kick on, up to speed contact comes on, but an output from microprocessor don't turn on to let it leave so the starter kicks on, then off, then door opens and it sits there again...with no faults, no block sensor edge, no stuck button, no stuck door open...but a direction to go up and keeps latched call.
Any help is appreciated. I'm thinking of requesting new software.
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/26/15 11:41 PM

when This happen
must to check the Status in HandHeld
check wiring to Softstater somthing in the RMH board is all time active (logic BAD RELAY )
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/27/15 12:55 AM

Check the power supply voltage at the EPROMs power pins .. top right and bottom left on a Chip. Set it at 5.2 at that point. It may be 5.6 at supply but drop from supply to Board may cause RAM to shutdown if its low.. If its shutting down due to low volts, it will not give you accurate faults.
Posted By: ranger33

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/27/15 01:54 AM

Was the reverse phase monitor changed? Had an MPHII give me problems for a while then finally saw it happen in front of me. a faulty phase monitor glitching with steady power to it.
Posted By: WPeak

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/27/15 02:09 PM

I am not on jobsite right now, it was DUP not picking, DS4 appears to be a microprocessor output, see attached pic of print section. Had power at TM-12, F20 good, nothing at TM-11. I guess K4 relay turns on from DS4 microprocessor output, correct?

I will verify power supply at EPROM, that is a good idea and something to eliminate.
Thanks for the help, any other thoughts before I go back out there is appreciated.

Attached File
Posted By: E-man

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/28/15 01:41 PM

Yes, always remember:
D=output
K=input
Posted By: E-man

Re: Schindler MPH II - 06/28/15 01:44 PM

Check the resistance and mechanal operation of your T69 and all of your up limit switches.
© 2024 Elevator Forum