Home

kinematics Research LTD

Posted By: JopOSopHop

kinematics Research LTD - 09/08/15 11:16 PM

Hey all! hoping someone has some insight on a 3 phase transformer I need for a Kinematics Research LTD, Series A controller. Who the hell is Kinematics? Good question. Near as I can tell, they were in business for a very brief time in the mid to late 80s, based in California. The control transformer they used in these Series A controllers were a 3 phase, multi volt primary, wired from the factory for 230 VAC incoming, and had 230 Volts, and 115 volts, coming off the secondary. There are no indications on the transformer any additional info, and the print only shows the primary and secondary voltages, with no power ratings, no anything. Hoping someone is familiar with these and can point me in the right direction to replacing this transformer. Sometime, like yesterday......
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: kinematics Research LTD - 09/09/15 11:26 AM

I would check the fuse ratings on the secondary side and size the transformer from there. Get an ADAMS catalog and start going thru each manufacture and see if you can find a match. What your looking for should be fairly common.
Posted By: uppo72

Re: kinematics Research LTD - 09/10/15 12:36 AM

If you sent the transformer to the motor rewinders, they most of the time can size it to match. When some trannies/motors do burn up badly, most of the time the data plate/paper is lost and they seem to be able to figure it out.
© 2024 Elevator Forum