Home

Kone WG door operator?

Posted By: Scott Davidson

Kone WG door operator? - 12/17/10 01:13 AM

Does anyone have info on this unit? It is a door operator on a Miprom HS unit.
The door board would not operate even on test. There was a new board on car top so I installed it and the door operates,however the door only opens halfway and stops. The car will run on normal with no faults but car door stops midway, I think it needs a learn run but I don't have Any info, there are 4 dip switches on the board and a tool port, I tried different dip switch settings to see if I could get any reaction but nothing. Do you need a tool or can it be learned with switches similar to the AMD door operator

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/17/10 01:52 AM

I found the board at world electronics. They call it a Mac marathon board. They also have a interface tool. Looks like they don't have a learn operation but you can adjust the door open limit. The manual that was online doesn't have any info regarding dip switches
Posted By: fateinc2005

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/17/10 03:14 AM

When you push the door by hand does it move freely?I know there a pain to open and close by hand but if theres a bind and the open current is low they'll stall if there was a power outage it might have defaulted the parameters. That design is like an erector set of left over parts.Theres all kind of stuff to make those doors hang up opening and closing . good luck
Posted By: fateinc2005

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/17/10 01:20 PM

the dip switches are for left hand right hand or center opening im not sure about the last one
Posted By: vince90605

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/18/10 12:50 AM

i've got one of those on my route and have had to change the door operator board too. It just went up in smoke right in front of me. Anyway to my knowledge you can not adjust any speeds unless you have a tool. You do need to do a learn run on a new board which is what i ended up doing. It basicly learns the open limit setting, the default speeds were ok and nothing i could do anyway since i don't have a service tool. I'll try and pm you the info.
Posted By: selfproclaimed

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/18/10 02:07 AM

Are you refering to a 104 board on a Moline style operator?

Re: Kone WG door operator? - 12/19/10 07:07 PM

No it is not a 104 board. That's an easy one. Vince is right there is a procedure to learn the door open limit without the tool which is what I did, it worked great and the car is back in service. Luckily the default speed settings were acceptable. Like Vince says if you need to adjust speeds you will need a tool. It is 1500 bucks at world electronics, kind of pricey for what you get, but it will work. Thanks for the replies guys.
© 2024 Elevator Forum