Home

Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic.

Posted By: rompkinron

Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/05/15 04:12 AM

The elevator wants to take off at high speed prior to the doors closing. Recently changed the tank unit with new valve / motor and pump. This project is new to us. Previous contractor was terminated. When we arrived on site we found it with a seized submersible pump and shorted motor. Not knowing until after we had installed the new components. That the elevator ran up the hoist way on onto the stop ring and the motor kept running for 4 to 6 hrs until contractor arrived on site to turn the main power off. Armor 4C door operator with PM switches and Vanes. Wye Delta Starter. When it is parked on either LU or LD on top of car inspection and you switch it to Auto... It levels down and door opens and just as the car door starts to close the car takes off at high speed in the up direction. PM switches check out good. Top and bottom directional switches check good.... It's a weird one. Changed a number or 110 VDC relays in the controller. Help!
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/05/15 09:45 AM

First thing I would do is find out why the car runs with the doors open ie shorts on locks, wiring etc. That's scary. As to the speed, I would change the star/delta change over to a slower time so at least you know its not going to fly rom the landing. Then adjust to suit. I would also find out why there is no/faulty run timer.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/05/15 01:47 PM

up contactor welded? pull coil wire on up wye contactor.then what happens. Trouble shooting 101.
Posted By: rac66

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/05/15 10:08 PM

Will the car run down with the doors open like it does in the up direction?
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/06/15 02:06 PM

Is the valve sized correctly. Are the up and high speed relays picking? Are there capacitors across these contacts shorted? We need a little more info to help you out.
Posted By: rompkinron

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/09/15 10:24 PM

Only in the up direction.

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/09/15 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: rompkinron
Only in the up direction.

You shouldn't be getting a go signal to the up and star contactor until after the doors close. Check you door circuit in the up direction for a short.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/11/15 12:01 PM

Ill ask again in the valve sized right. I have seen elevators start running up as soon as Y comes in when someone has turned Bypass instead or relief. If your valve is sized correctly then it a matter of trouble shooting and find out why Up and high speed are picking before doors and gates are closed. If it only does it in one direction then your problem lies on the up side of the circuit.
Posted By: bayblue

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/11/15 05:21 PM

^^^ couldn't agree more, I too have also seen that.

Re: Old Armor Passenger Hydraulic. Relay Logic. - 12/12/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: danzeitz
Ill ask again in the valve sized right. I have seen elevators start running up as soon as Y comes in when someone has turned Bypass instead or relief. If your valve is sized correctly then it a matter of trouble shooting and find out why Up and high speed are picking before doors and gates are closed. If it only does it in one direction then your problem lies on the up side of the circuit.

I take it you mean even the bypass pressure is good enough to push oil to ram and lift the elevator? My problem with that is, the Y shouldn't even be engaging until the doors shut. The motor shouldn't be attempting anything at that point.
© 2024 Elevator Forum