Home

Landing a highrise elevator

Posted By: gotsquat

Landing a highrise elevator - 06/08/16 10:22 PM

Currently in a situation where several 28 floor elevators have been sitting for years (15-20). They want to take them out of service. I've lowered smaller rise cars with a custom chain fall before but these are over 1000 feet tall. Looking for options on how to lower the cars after landing the counterweights. Cutting the cables and letting them fall is not an option this time however it would be cool.
Posted By: Silly

Re: Landing a highrise elevator - 06/08/16 10:41 PM

Heard about this once, though I did not see it. Counterweights were landed, and they had staged chain fall locations through the hoistway using counter weight bracket locations, or newly made pick points, depending on where in the hatch they were. Was a 4 chain fall jump before they had the car at the bottom.

I have always wondered if a sky climber couldn't be used to lower a stripped car...take the cab off to lighten the load, take it to the top with sky climber and cables, rig it, and lower the frame back down on a climber...
Posted By: DripCan

Re: Landing a highrise elevator - 06/09/16 01:32 AM

Well we planked across between beams an made solid floor at top of hoist way an took cab an car apart right there.Also used a air operated tuger .
Posted By: ABE

Re: Landing a highrise elevator - 06/09/16 02:13 AM

The large Tirack cable climber hoist will pick 4,400 lbs. You would have to run a 1,000 ft temporary hoist cable and a temporary 3 phase travel to your machine room or secondary space. It runs 24 fpm so it would be a lot faster than a chain fall.
Posted By: VerticalTechNY

Re: Landing a highrise elevator - 06/11/16 01:42 PM

28 floors and 1000 feet tall? What the hell is the floor to floor height, 36 feet?
Posted By: uppo72

Re: Landing a highrise elevator - 06/12/16 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: VerticalTechNY
28 floors and 1000 feet tall? What the hell is the floor to floor height, 36 feet?

High rise with express zone plus 28 floors?
© 2024 Elevator Forum