Home

Schindler 330A Door Operator problem;

Posted By: Bsquared

Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 08/18/16 02:33 PM

I am having a problem where a 2009 Schindler 330A Door operator, is opening about 5 inches and stopping. After it times out it will shut, but will not go further than that.

Any idea what could be causing this, track is clean. Ramp, everything is lubed ...

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 08/19/16 12:02 AM

Does DOL come on. I had one do that yesterday. I had been having intermittent problems with it but I tightened the belt and it took a new scan, ran fine for about an hour then opened 5" and stopped. Even running on manual it now thought DOL was right there and position on the SSM matched the open position parameter. After opening and closing a couple of times like that the INIT light came on and I could not get it to accept a new scan even though I could watch the position count open and close. New IDD will be here in the morning.
Posted By: mastervator

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 08/19/16 11:10 PM

Bsquared,

Does the door open all the way with power off? If so, you have a problem with the drive and there's not much you can do at that point other then replace it in my experience. You can try to get it to do a learn but usually if the drive is gone it wont let you. If it doesnt open all the way without power you're obviously looking at some mechanical problem ie. restrictor catching, binding in the rollers etc. Keep us updated
Posted By: Mustang67

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 08/24/16 12:35 AM

Hold door open and close at the same time on car top for 15 sec . It should rest set drive
Posted By: chicago

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 08/24/16 12:05 PM

Check love joy connector on door motor
Posted By: Tamperprufe

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 01/17/18 05:30 PM

.....older post hopefully I can still get a lil help cuz they are pricey

I know there's not alot of info out there on these D.O.s as they comes "pre-configured" per job specs. I also have same issue on one now.
I have used the SSM and all parameters appear to still be correct
SSM is giving me fault code "5" which I do not know what it is?
I can confirm on SSM and operator both open and close limits/positioning is correct as well as "mm" positioning

1) "running in slow speed" is synchronization speed
2) put elev on cartop insp. On D.O.do "hard reset" hold down open and close buttons at same time, all 5 leds should flash on and off. After doors do learn run "ERR" led should be off.
3) my problem is I can not get doors to do learn run and get "ERR" led off, it stays lit

I do know what led up to this condition...doors continued to try and open with door restrictor hung up causing D.O.mtr to continually run slipping on belt for about 6 mins till retrictor was freed up

Last post about love joy coupling is only thing I haven't checked.

Any thoughts? Thxs
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: Schindler 330A Door Operator problem; - 01/17/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bsquared
I am having a problem where a 2009 Schindler 330A Door operator, is opening about 5 inches and stopping. After it times out it will shut, but will not go further than that.

Any idea what could be causing this, track is clean. Ramp, everything is lubed ...

Thanks in advance.

a 2009 mean nothing

wath model is the door op.?
is a:

TDC board inside c.o.p
or
is a AC Black box inside c.o.p
or
is a aluminum door motor and box (1 unit) over car top ?
© 2024 Elevator Forum