Home

Troubleshooters

Posted By: sccjr

Troubleshooters - 02/06/17 04:27 PM

What devices do you use to monitor intermittent faults i.e. using latching relays to monitor certain circuit conditions during a fault sequence. I'm looking for a program to monitor inputs/outputs without having to wire in latching relays. Any ideas?
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Troubleshooters - 02/08/17 01:04 PM

We have used a camera to record the controller and play back to the reported failure time. You can hang some tell tale lights on older equipment . A security camera and recorder can be purchased for a couple hundred bucks. If anyone has a better device Id love to hear about it.
Posted By: mrhappy

Re: Troubleshooters - 02/26/17 02:36 AM

check out the link below. been using the DATAQ DI_730 for years.
best troubleshooting tool hands down on the market.

it is an 8 channel analog to digital recording logger that hooks to any laptop. will continuously record for weeks or months depending on sampling rate. looks like a time stamped O SCOPE with 8 waveforms that anyone can operate on their laptop. make sure you
get the PRO version of the software. the best 4500.00 bucks you can spend. will record AC or DC from 5mv to 1000v on each channel. with a little time you can find all intermittent issues.

https://www.dataq.com/products/di-730/di-730-en.html
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Troubleshooters - 02/26/17 04:59 PM

That is a great tool. Our IT department just came out with a similar one that I have been trying to get my hands on.
Posted By: sccjr

Re: Troubleshooters - 02/27/17 12:58 AM

Nice. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the feedback.
© 2024 Elevator Forum