Home

Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault

Posted By: WPeak

Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/17/17 06:41 PM

I have an Otis Elevonic-R controller that is giving me fits trying to figure out what it is doing. Only in the down direction this car will come into slowdown at the landing, stop about an inch above, open the door and level into the landing. While watching the OCSS on the handheld it show NAV when this takes place. It would appear that I am losing my MCSS but I am not sure where or how. I have watched the MCSS status and one thing I notice is that I never get the FIN input. This also only seems to occur on a multi floor run. It doesn't seem to do this on a one floor run. Thanks for all your help.
Posted By: DJ 411

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/17/17 07:02 PM

Did you try a new learn run? Door zone sensors OK?

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/17/17 09:45 PM

I didn't try a new learn. Have never done one with Otis handheld before. Was afraid to lose my floor table and be completely screwed. At least right now I have a "running" car. Is it like a Dover where you just run terminal to terminal on inspect. I discounted the DZ and the LU and LD sensors because it is directional and it only happens on a multi floor run. If I run up to a 7 floor run it's fine, as soon as I do an 8 floor run it does this. This thing comes to an abrupt halt like I dropped the safety string but I never lose my GDS, Safe, safe 1 or safe 2. The handheld displays NAV (car not avail), INI (initialize), and then IDL (idle) once it levels into floor.
Posted By: Jluff

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/17/17 11:38 PM

Did u check your Tach coupling? It may b loose.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/18/17 12:21 AM

Are you getting MCSS faults?
Posted By: DJ 411

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/20/17 01:08 AM

Tach maybe be a good start to0.
Posted By: NewMech

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/20/17 05:36 AM

NAV is an opmode and if you go NAV you will log either an OCSS or MCSS fault. Check for motion faults as mentioned above. Elevonic-R, this is a mod job? What type of machine? What type of load weighing? Has anybody been playing with any parameters? What makes you think that you are losing MCSS?
Posted By: E311

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/20/17 09:47 PM

Stay clear of the hoistway learn run, they don't just dump the floor table. If you attempt a learn run, you will wipe your table, then you will have to start all over again.

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/22/17 10:37 PM

This is a mod job. It has a TK machine and governor. Otis replaced the motor. I believe I am losing MCSS because I have watched it drop in the handheld. I had a theory that my load weigher might be causing me issues due to "streeeettch in the ropes causing it to intermittently shut car down when coming into landing as it only does this in the down direction which could be caused by the inertia alone.
Posted By: pieman

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/23/17 06:17 PM

first check the ocss log M-1-2-2-1 you will have some 1700 faults if its going NAV look what other faults you are getting around the same time , to check the date and time of a fault hit blue and up . Check the mcss log m-2-2-1 for shutdowns , or if it is happening all the time observe mcss status while running in M-2-1-1 . I don't think its load weighing as such but if its been like this from handover it could be a bad set up . If it happens all the time stick a 50 % load in there , go to m-2-1-2 on the tool and look at bottom right of screen which is the load percentage . Check that's right ( or close enough ) and do top to bottom runs using the buttons on the MRO panel so you can watch the read back from the load weighers.

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/23/17 06:23 PM

Forgot to say if in M-2-1-2 it says D in bottom right then load weighing is disabled .

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 02/24/17 11:15 AM

Take a look at the inertia setting in the drive parameters , if set too low it will cause undershoot and it will crawl into the floor . Too high and it will overshoot the floors . It has a factory setting of 2 .

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/05/17 02:12 AM

Pieman, you were right on the money. I was able to go adjust the inertia setting on the drive and issue went away. I was able to prove it out by decreasing value and it came back. I did a FLST just to make sure nothing else changed. Thank you guys for the help. Thought I would update as I was just allowed to go back to attempt a fix on this unit today.

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/05/17 11:41 AM

Glad it worked , thanks for the update
Posted By: mech

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/17/17 08:17 PM

I am having difficulties completing learn run , it learn up to 3rd floor and bombs out sometimes goes back again to ground floor on its on to restart learn .
It's a mod with a new ovf416 drive
What could be fault

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/17/17 08:32 PM

I've got some paperwork somewhere on aborted learn runs possible reasons. Back in work tomorrow I will take a look .
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/17/17 11:11 PM

I'd like to see that too

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/18/17 03:36 AM

I'm sure in the learn run section of the manual I have it gives reasons for an aborted learn run . Let me check tomorrow .

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/18/17 01:34 PM

Ok , so if this is a GCS controller then when there is an aborted learn run it will give the reason in the mcss log ( 2-2-2 ) it should display LRN ABT-CHCK LOG . If it does go on and look at the error log . It should tell you the reason . There are 17 different reasons that I don't have time for right now to type out , if you are in a rush check the log and let me know what it says , otherwise when I get a chance I will put together a list of reasons , I will pm you it indirtwetrust . I know you said its a MOD so let me know I they are using the global PRS ( where the DZ and leveling sensors are under the cab and uses magnets on the headers and the top of car box has the ETSD / NTSD reader . )

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/18/17 09:13 PM

It's a mcs321m it uses MCB board for learn run,
It have PRS2 on top of the car DZI DZI DZ2 signals with magnets on the tape in shafts.
When learn run abort it's shows " learning aborted " on the service test tool plugged on MCB.
NO error in drive.
Top of car has SS1 and SS2 switches in box

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/18/17 09:15 PM

MCB board does give the reason for abort

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/19/17 12:27 AM

Are you in the states ? I've not heard Americans refer to controllers as MCS before .. That's how we refered to controller in the u.k ..mcs 120 , mcs 220 etc... The reason I ask is the process is different if your using the European controller for example do you have NTSD and ETSD vanes and switches ? On the American controllers if it aborts a learn run it will give you a reason for this in the MCSS logb ( M-2-2-2 ) . Not in the drive .

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/19/17 12:44 AM

I'm sure even if your using a controller from Berlin you can still check the M222 log for reasons a learn run is aborted

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/20/17 06:53 PM

Am using the controller from Berlin.
You're right the error log is in Motion control board not really the drive.

Re: Otis Elevonic-R NAV fault - 04/20/17 11:01 PM

What did the MCB log say ? I've not worked on European controllers for 9 years , we used the 220 back then for traction . Guess the 321 is similar ..
© 2024 Elevator Forum