Home

Brushes on MODL motor

Posted By: JimboNJ

Brushes on MODL motor - 05/25/17 09:55 PM

Keep finding the car with the door open - esi logic controller, door won't close - snap the. Brushes in the 230v motor and doors work fine , for about 2 days then have to do it again , plenty of life left on the brushes
Posted By: InFritzWeTrust

Re: Brushes on MODL motor - 05/25/17 10:15 PM

F that noise, I'd just swap out the motor and be done with it. Maybe the commutator is going.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Brushes on MODL motor - 05/25/17 11:40 PM

Sounds like the brushes are hanging up in the holders or don't have any spring tension, like it works until the brushes wear away but they are not getting pushed down against the comm. I'd probably try to replace the brushes and clean the comm before the whole motor.
Posted By: InFritzWeTrust

Re: Brushes on MODL motor - 05/26/17 01:09 AM

I'm not saying your wrong, in fact you're probably right. What I'm saying is why "try" something when you know the problem is with commutation? Those motors only cost a couple hundred bucks and considering there has been multiple calls for the same door problem, the customer is already starting to question you and your company's ability to maintain their elevator, so just spend the couple hundred bucks on the sure thing and have a happy customer paying full maintenance for years to come.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Brushes on MODL motor - 05/26/17 02:42 AM

No I get it. That probably is the best way to handle it. I just thought while I was commenting on what I thought was going on I should share what I, personally would do in the situation. I guess I prioritize knowing for sure what the problem was as high as customer service. In this case I would say there is an 85% chance brushes solve the problem, I can't help but take that bet so I know.

But I'm sure my boss would agree with you.
© 2024 Elevator Forum