Home

GEn2 with TCI_lock

Posted By: Yus123

GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/23/17 10:16 AM

Hi All,

Could you help, please?
Gen2 with GECB controller having an error "TCI_Lock and TCI/ERO ON" during Run/Idle mode, with INS LED blinking and SVT Blink message.This happens very often and randomly especially during summer in the Middle East. I believed this TCI_Lock error has no relation with the landing door procedure/Otis software. I changed the RS14 an LT in the car but the error remains the same.
Posted By: Rolly

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/23/17 11:21 AM

TCI is Top Of Car Inspection... Have you tried a fan to cool controls? All controller and drive fans working? Machine Room have Air Conditioning?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/23/17 04:51 PM

You can turn the TCI Lock feature off. It's under MCSS install parameters. Change from a 1 to a 0.
Posted By: pieman

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/24/17 04:35 AM

The fact you are getting both TCI lock and TCI ON message randomly could be a trailer fault, find some spares and change out the return wires from the top.of car inspection switch to eliminate .

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/24/17 06:38 AM

Dear Rolly,

GEn2 MRL with overhead without Air Conditioning, I have not noticed about the fan, I thought the fan was working well.

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/24/17 07:16 AM

Dear Indirtwetrust,

I couldn't find the feature that you mention, Install parameters: [[b]b]1. System, 2. OCSS, 3. Group, 4. Drive, 5. Doors, 6. Position Reference, 7. Service, 8. Emergency, 9.Security, 10 Test.[/b]
Where can I find the feature under MCSS/Drive?

Thanks

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 07/24/17 07:33 AM

Dear Pieman,

I suspected there is RSL communication issue regarding this issue, and I have changed the RSL 30VDC, Ground, D1, and D2 from controller to car top, but remain the same, I will try to change the return wires and update to you.

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 08/09/17 04:46 AM

To avoid TCI lock, I put the lift in test mode, So the lift never idle for a long time, after 4 minutes there is one call from bottom to the top landing. During 3 weeks no TCI lock errors.
I knew this temporary solution due I lack for other solution.

Re: GEn2 with TCI_lock - 08/14/17 04:33 AM

2 days back lift stopped again and traps 3 ppl, I suggested them fixing AC to reduce the high temperature on the head hoistway.
© 2024 Elevator Forum