Home

Otis 211 giving FLRP fault

Posted By: Weupnow

Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/21/17 10:42 PM

Hello I have an Otis 211 I'm working on that keeps giving a FLRP fault and shutting the unit down 6/7 times, once reset it goes right back to working, anyone familiar? (FLRP = invalid floor position)
Posted By: lowoil

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/21/17 11:05 PM

Check ur selector,guides,magnets and then throw a tape reader board at it.should have 30v at each dz and leds.

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/22/17 12:19 AM

Thank you will try tomorrow and get back to you
Posted By: beaupeep

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/22/17 01:42 AM

Check your magnets, we had some slide out of place in the past.
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/23/17 04:12 AM

With car top inspection set to slow speed, stop on each set of magnets while pushing the selector head side to side. Don't be surprised if you see one of the inputs flicker. I've had two instances on the same job of flakey (weak) DZ magnets.

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 08/23/17 12:10 PM

Thank you going to try those things today
Posted By: KSNY

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 09/01/17 12:48 PM

I had this problem before. The selector tape guides we off center so when they got a little worn the elevator would loose the floor position. Loosen up the white tape guides and move slightly to left/right until you get the light on the selector board to light. (its possible the magnets are out of alignment also)

Kyle
Posted By: Seco2000

Re: Otis 211 giving FLRP fault - 09/09/17 09:19 PM

Magnates made a few years ago have adhesive that will allow slip. Check with magnate template (blue). Tape should be marked for template at each floor and for slow down positions. Pay attention to polarity (groove down face on one side). Make sure you use correct lane on template.
Two options:
1) Replace all magnates with new. Clean all old adhesive from tape with alcohol or solvent.
2) clean adhesive from tape and magnates. Use a drop of super glue at top and bottom of magnate (about an inch from end; drop in center will not hurt) put back in place.

Tape guides will also cause this error. If they have not been turned you may still have a a new guide surface to use. Keep the tape reader suspension free and clean.
© 2024 Elevator Forum