Home

OTIS lrs3 Program chips

Posted By: KSNY

OTIS lrs3 Program chips - 09/01/17 12:31 PM

Hello fellow elevator people,

I am having problems with an Otis LRS3 elevator over here in the City. A recent power serge caused the elevator COP board to burnout (So I'm told). I called up Unitec Parts group and got a new board no problem. Elevator is now not running on automatic but will run on inspection. It will power up identify what floor (C,1,2,R) and if I run the car a few inches above/below the floor the car will level off. However, when the door fires open it buzzes and a light in the car illuminates and says "Please exit the elevator". I have checked the fire service key switches, all wiring, landing system (old target style), door operator limit assembly and shaftway switches. I have the flashing red light on the main COP board. I swapped in the original board and the car wont do anything other then run on inspection. I am thinking that it is the U11 & U10 chips at the bottom of the COP board are corrupted. So now my problem is Unitec will not sell these chips to me, any ideas on how I can get these chips? Or is there something I am missing?
Posted By: Rolly

Re: OTIS lrs3 Program chips - 09/01/17 01:14 PM

I had one that would not run on inspection until I cleared all faults and logs with a svc tool. Worked fine then.
Posted By: Boa

Re: OTIS lrs3 Program chips - 09/01/17 01:36 PM

If chips are bad, Unitec doesn't supply, may have to get through local Otis office.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: OTIS lrs3 Program chips - 09/01/17 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Rolly
I had one that would not run on inspection until I cleared all faults and logs with a svc tool. Worked fine then.

You can plug a service tool into an LRS3?
Posted By: DripCan

Re: OTIS lrs3 Program chips - 09/02/17 12:23 AM

Try pulling chips an grounding them also drain the cap on board
© 2024 Elevator Forum