Home

TK Twin Post Packings

Posted By: spittman

TK Twin Post Packings - 12/06/17 02:11 PM

Hey everyone,

Is anyone else out there having to pack and repack the TK twin post jacks ? We are finding they are needing to be repacked every 2 years on several elevators. Just curious. Thanks are there any long term solution s out there?
Posted By: Goat

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/06/17 02:39 PM

I have noticed on those it is very dependent on the installation. Were they put in with extreme care and caution as to not mar the piston or not. Spending some time with some emory cloth has done wonders for some of mine.
Posted By: solidstate

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/06/17 07:42 PM

We have had this issue also, we started getting our packings from gorman and it made a big difference. Gorman is visibly beefier and has held up so far.

Also it is critical that the jacks are plumb.
Posted By: ABE

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/06/17 11:36 PM

I don't think there is anything official from TK on this, but I have experienced that on quite a few jobs that use the NZ(non zinc) oil and the yellow Parker made seals tend to brake down and literally fall apart with a couple years. All the latest seal kits from TK are a different color(orange) and possibly from different manufacture, so I'm fairly certain they had issues with the old seals they used.

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/07/17 01:26 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/07/17 01:28 AM

We packed this elevator 17 months ago. Orange packing from TK was used. 5 cars on the job. I fear they are all going to be failing soon. Sounds like I need to investigate the oil being used and I’ll look into the Gorman packing. Thanks for the info guys.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/07/17 03:20 AM

Use the Gorman packings!!!

Re: TK Twin Post Packings - 12/07/17 07:16 PM

Ordered Gorman packings this morning. Thanks guys
© 2024 Elevator Forum