Home

Dover composite with generator

Posted By: Daniel718

Dover composite with generator - 01/20/18 01:17 AM

Have a Dover composite that’s been shutting down frequently.
When I get there my FT timer is on With the generator off.
If I manually pick up the MGX relay car will return to service. My problem is that according to the print, terminal “SY” feeds the MGX relay which then has a self latching contact.
I attached the circuit in question. I cannot find where SY is getting power from.
Does anyone know what is SY in this circuit and where does it get its voltage from?

Attached File
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover composite with generator - 01/20/18 02:21 AM

I think that goes to the common panel. Look for the PFT timer coils, they’re probably in the other column of that page. You should see a circuit showing SY getting power through a N/O SA contact from MG1 terminal which is on page 1, basically connected to SQS. It seems to be like a non-interference circuit to keep generators from starting at the same time.

It’s all on page 12 of this print

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rigybi92gddlac4/C-40375-77%20Dover%20Composite.PDF?dl=0

Re: Dover composite with generator - 01/20/18 05:57 PM

Thanks for the reply, after looking over your prints I realized I was missing a page from mine. I will check it out on Monday. Thanks again

Re: Dover composite with generator - 01/24/18 12:31 AM

Just closing out thread. Ended up being a bad N/C contact on SB. Thanks Indirtwetrust for pointing me in the right direction.
© 2024 Elevator Forum