Home

Tac 32 SE Mis Firing

Posted By: spittman

Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/30/18 10:31 PM

Hey everyone. Working on a Tac32. SE is mis firing. I’ve replaced the transmitter, haven’t replaced receiver. I’ve replaced the SE transmitter board. My Safety edge works correctly. Beam breaks and makes when it’s crossed. My problem is. My laptop IMS shows the beam to be picked when the curtain is operating correctly. From what it appears. Now the doors will open then stay open. When a car call is pressed. Car runs to two. Doors open. Then stay open. Until the beam breaks. Then They will close. Do I have a bad input. And if so is it at the IOD board, Could the door board do this ?

Thanks in advance to all everyone.

Spittman
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/30/18 11:46 PM

What kind of door operator? Is it a mod with the big black Smart tech 2 box? What kind of detector? If it’s Cedes, which power supply/ controller did they use?
Posted By: NewMech

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/31/18 12:49 PM

I had a similar issue with a Cedes edge recently. The DC return wire was crimped on the insulation inside the connector. I could duplicate my problem by removing the return from the Cedes power connector.

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/31/18 02:32 PM

its TK linear door operator, I don't recall seeing a Smart Tech box...not familiar with it. It is a Cedes edge, the edge plugs into a TK 1.5'' x 1.5'' SE board to the bottom right of the door operator board. Power is coming from a terminal strip below the door operator board. SE1-A, P24, G24, I have not tried removing return (newmech)

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/31/18 06:07 PM

The input is serial from the door board to the CPU so it’s not going to be the IOD. You can read the input at the door board. If it’s good there replace the door board.

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 01/31/18 11:59 PM

Thanks Dirt, I’m good I swap the door board tomorrow morning. I looked at prints today. I see SE-b I believe it was going to SE on the door board. I appreciate the help. I will let you know if it fixes it tomorrow. Thanks for the help everyone.

spittman
Posted By: CinciElevator

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 03/05/18 08:04 PM

The way i'm understanding your description sound like se is in wrong state, perhaps someone clicked or injected the i/o?
Can't you right click on the i/o and reverse logic? If all is as you say and light rays and board are good and you see I/o changing state then I would check that.
When you unplug the eyes does the problem stay the same? Is it going into nudging? Need alittle more info, if those are the light sticks I'm thinking if they way about an 1/8th inch cable that can break very easy, and the small board they sent in a lot of those operators that the eyes plug into I have had to replace a few times.

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 03/06/18 12:21 AM

I don’t think there is an actual I/O in the I/O map for the SE input. DOL or DCL either.
Posted By: CinciElevator

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 03/06/18 02:08 PM

Gotcha wasn't sure been awhile since I been in front of ims, how are you seeing the beam to be pick on ims?
Something just sounds backwards, contact wiring, factory wiring ', or I/o state. Again need more info. I wouldn't think a door card would be culprit. Let us know what you find! Be safe

Re: Tac 32 SE Mis Firing - 03/06/18 10:18 PM

Hey everyone. Sorry been away with some family things. I’ll check and find out where this left off and what the status and fix was.

Thanks
spittman
© 2024 Elevator Forum