Home

Dover DMC door issue

Posted By: elevatorguycny

Dover DMC door issue - 02/12/18 10:12 PM

Ok here's a weird one. Intermittently the doors open all by themselves (it's not a DCL band I already replaced a broken one). When they do open and close it is very very slow, and the door open and close buttons have zero effect. When the doors work normally from a hall or car call they work perfect and the door open, door close, and car call button at that particular floor work as intended. The car can sit there for 4 or 5 minutes and not do it, and then it will do it two times in a row. Once the doors go closed I can put a hall or car call in and everything works as it should until it sits there for a bit. I have zero faults showing on the World tool either.
Posted By: Huskervator

Re: Dover DMC door issue - 02/12/18 10:49 PM

You will either need to re learn the door setup or just simply save the existing door parameter setup in your freedom tool.

Re: Dover DMC door issue - 02/12/18 11:12 PM

Did that. Doors work great. It's something making them intermittently open on their own and when they do they are at a crawl and don't respond to button commands.
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Dover DMC door issue - 02/13/18 12:16 AM

Certainly does sound like the pulse count has been lost. Once learned, and after it craps out, is the pulse count still present? Sounds like it happens frequent enough you can catch it. It happens at any floor too right? When idle, are the doors drifting off of DCL triggering this cycle? Doesn’t explain the slowness, but all clues add up.
Posted By: CSL

Re: Dover DMC door issue - 02/13/18 01:42 PM

I have seen this before. If you check your door parameter table you will see a saved value of 0. what is happening is you are getting an intermittent power interruption causing the car to restore its information from the CLC RAM memory. in the case of your door operator, the Parameter table for the saved travel count from DCL to DOL is 0. This triggers the door to relearn itself(the slow operation). Unfortunately when the door relearns itself, it does not save the temporary value to RAM. This needs to be done using a tool. Hence you need to do a Door Start-Up sequence on your World Tool and then make sure you have a saved value that matches your operating value. This will cure the random door cycling.

Re: Dover DMC door issue - 02/13/18 03:42 PM

That's what I just did, seems to be all set now. The travel count is now 528 and is saved and problem gone.
© 2024 Elevator Forum