Home

tac32 mod

Posted By: Whadafack

tac32 mod - 04/17/18 12:02 AM

hey guys! having an issue with a tac32 hydro . losing inctm and inham on port 17. i get an 1154 , 1021, and 1684. i see the io's flash in flight or at idle or even while doors are moving. the 1021 is invalid inspection because i lose the io and 1154 is cartop inpection node A loss and 1684 is about run. i checked tge mta connectors and can is 60 ohms. my question is ..... cwil board? the car also does not get a door open command on independent at the bottom floor which i find very strange. i have all the latest software. cwil or cpua?
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: tac32 mod - 04/17/18 01:21 AM

I’d go with the CWIL, there’s something wrong with the A processor. If you watch the stat LED you might catch the flash rate change.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/17/18 01:44 AM

Thanks dirt! Ill try that first

Re: tac32 mod - 04/17/18 01:56 AM

And you have v20 firmware in the CWIL?

Re: tac32 mod - 04/17/18 02:54 AM

cw ver 20
sel v27
hnb v25
and the new ver6 generic.

I was wondering where the can termination is on the cwil? its on on the cpua then off going into the repeaters, on going out of the repeater then idk where it would terminate....

Re: tac32 mod - 04/18/18 12:03 AM

There is no jumper, the 120 ohm termination is built into the board.
Posted By: TC7

Re: tac32 mod - 04/18/18 12:13 AM

I wonder if the same faults show up if you power down cwil momentarily, I think it is fed from power supply mounted in COP.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 12:04 AM

Replaced the cwil.... same crap. 1154 is car top inspection node a i believe and then 1021 invalid inspection. I dont know what to do, this car has to go back in service on monday. FML. Had the car on in car inspection all day and still get these faults. Checked all wiring in the cop . Is it possible bad connection in the car top inspection station?

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 12:06 AM

Maybe like you say tc7..... ac ripple ? But why only that port

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 01:06 AM

Do they go on and off together or independently? My first thought was a power supply or a connection but there is no common connection, they each get P24 from their own plugs. And I have a hard time believing the 24v to the CWIL is dropping and only causing those faults and those 2 inputs dropping. Maybe something is grounding P24IO. Does it coincide with anything like the car lantern? Put a meter on one of the inputs to see if it really is dropping, if it is I’d see if maybe P24IO is too.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 02:13 AM

Maybe its all ports in car drop off line but you notice the inspect i/o because they are the only active ones at the time so you notice them change state. If you are truly loosing can communication to the car I believe that your door operator would log a com loss to controller, 2064 fault on door operator. I would approach this by trying to recreate the issue, pull p24 feed to cwil and see what faults it logs for example.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 02:30 AM

I think If you drop 24v to the CWIL you’ll trip the safety processor and the normal processor and get a string of 2700 and 2800 faults. But maybe if it happens fast enough?

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 03:03 AM

They only drop in the grey/white io area not the blue. Also i have 2 gal operators.... they are wired with a different board lm4? Or lhv4 i cant remember. Ill try to unplug those mta connections quickly just to see if i can replicate the fault. Thanks guys
Posted By: lowoil

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 03:07 AM

Did u ohm the inspection switch on auto position

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 05:47 PM

Sometimes GAL operators are powered with 220 vac of I remember right. Off of fuse block DPWR1 & 2. Is it possible that this is the case and we are inducing noise in a bad spot? I/O signals are probably still 120 vac but the drive unit in MOVFR might be higher voltage.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/19/18 10:21 PM

It’s time to put a meter on it. Put your meter on manual ranging, (60v range) so you can catch faster fluctuations. I’m not sure if you said how long they go off for, or if they’re simultaneous. If it’s really fast, you can set the meter to Min. If you haven’t used Min/Max before, it will display the lowest value it has read and will beep each time it hits a new low. Very handy, I’ve even used it when I was by myself and needed to see if a card reader was closing a contact in the machine room. Land one wire to 24vdc, clip the leads from ground to the other wire, reads 0v, set to Max, go swipe the card and come back to see if the meter has seen 24v.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/20/18 12:11 AM

Thanks guys . Ill disconnect the operators to see if it faults out. Ill set up my meter on those io’s to see what kind of voltages i get and see if theres a drop. I havent ohmed the inspection switch or the station. Also i had my laptop connected to the cwil..... i removed it and connected at the controller. Ill let you know if theres any faults

Re: tac32 mod - 04/23/18 10:16 PM

Let us know what you find

Re: tac32 mod - 04/27/18 02:38 AM

Well i buttoned up the car station and made sure all connections were tight. Went over the inspection station. Seems it was my laptop...... never happened again since i moved it to the controlller.(before i buttoned everything up) Some kind of interference with the laptop im guessing. Weird

Re: tac32 mod - 04/27/18 02:15 PM

I rarely plug in laptop to CWIL. My experience was IMS would freeze or quit communicating. I’m surprised it caused faults, I was thinking it used a different shielded pair than car can channel.

Re: tac32 mod - 04/28/18 01:21 AM

IMS through the CWIL is terrible but I can’t imagine it causing individual IOs to drop.
Posted By: Silly

Re: tac32 mod - 04/29/18 08:10 PM

Very strange. I also avoid plugging in at the CWIL card for various other reasons, but will chalk this one up as another. One thing to consider/remember, if this was truly a CAN issue, you should have also lost your selector. Would have been a boatload of other faults generated.

Re: tac32 mod - 05/01/18 01:55 AM

yup! turned car over to the customer on 4/23.... hasnt shutdown! no more cwil connections for me. Fack that !
© 2024 Elevator Forum