Home

Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412

Posted By: Daniel718

Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/02/18 10:57 PM

Hey Guys, been having this ongoing problem for a few weeks now. when the drive is reset either through mainline or reset button on drive it will come up with a 905 error instantly. on a drive reset i will get the ready LED on for about 2 seconds before faulting to 905 error.
I have been able to get the car running by doing the following: put car on inspection; reset drive; wait for drive to flash ready LED; hold up or down inspection run button. when this is done, all lights stay on and the drive will return to normal conditions.
Now to cut it short, when car is running on normal and has all its safeties and direction made. it takes 10 to 15 seconds before leaving the floor. i traced the problem back to the K1 contact on the Magnetek power supply board. i cannot find what conditions need to be made for the K1 relay to pick up. Has anyone experienced this or know more about this K1 contact?

Here are some of the things already done:
-All Motor Fields were replaced
-All relays associated with the Run Circuit and Drive circuit was replaced
-Checked for shorts or ground in Motor
-Checked all drive parameters, all is correct
-besides the 15 second wait before taking off, the car runs fine. no over speed or over shooting.

i am currently waiting on a power supply board and a motor field board. hoping this will clear the problem.
Again as always any help is appreciated
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/03/18 02:45 AM

I believe 905 is "Field Loss". What is your standing, running, and forcing voltages on Fields? Standing Field current is Parameter 53 in amps. Try increasing it. You may be losing Min current protection.
Posted By: NewMech

Re: Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/03/18 11:43 AM

Why were the field coils replaced?

Re: Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/03/18 08:34 PM

The fields were checked individually, we found low resistance on one and decided to change them all.

Re: Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/03/18 08:39 PM

Standing voltage is 30Vdc; parameter 53 is at 9 amps when standing
running voltage is 70Vdc. I noticed that I am supposed to get about 140vdc for full field compared to other cars in same bank. This car does not pass 70Vdc.
I was able to replace the power supply and motor field boards. Neither seemed to help the problem.
Posted By: NOTIME

Re: Ultra 2000 W/ Magnetek DSD 412 - 05/03/18 09:58 PM

Drive Field board !!! check jumper and config
© 2024 Elevator Forum