Home

Otis GECB MRL

Posted By: Chrisbzzz

Otis GECB MRL - 05/17/18 01:24 PM

Hello,

Having abit of bother with this one lift will run on inspection but with a constant siren going off will not run on ERO from controller it will not go back into normal operation mode car doors do not perform a full cycle they open and close half way and just sit at floor level any ideas guys would be much appreciated.

Attached File
Posted By: Alex75

Re: Otis GECB MRL - 05/17/18 03:25 PM

Fault on RBI (Belt monitoring device).

/Alex

Re: Otis GECB MRL - 05/17/18 05:25 PM

Can this be shorted out temp to test or will it effect can bus system?

Re: Otis GECB MRL - 05/18/18 02:56 PM

The type of RBI depends on the age and model of the lift, there are 2 versions out there. One Blue (old version) and a black (new version).

Normaly these boxes only get a power supply (30vdc from the RSL link) and then there is a relay inside where the signal to the controller is connected.
If you bridge the 2 wires from the relay, your 2SE fault should be off.

BUT ONLY FOR TESTING!

/Alex

Re: Otis GECB MRL - 05/19/18 08:40 AM

Hello,

Thank you arrived onsite yesterday checked over the belts after about 2 hours of looking found a bad score mark on belts running underneath lift car it’s a new belt job

Are these any different to the GEN 2 as these I have are 2009 and I have only 2 of these in one building a year later Otis have updated these in 2010 and are completely different

Re: Otis GECB MRL - 05/19/18 06:38 PM

I have seen the very early belts from 2000 with vertical markings on the belts (and some years after than with markings like an arrow).
The new ones are made by Continental for Otis and have no markings on then, they are smooth in the surface. From my experirence the new belts are not as good as the old, higher slip rate and they tend to fail faster.

But the specs are the same, mayby just cost reducted ;-/

/Alex
© 2024 Elevator Forum