Home

Door restrictor for manual scissor gate

Posted By: ABE

Door restrictor for manual scissor gate - 06/20/18 04:14 AM

So I have a customer that has an old Otis winding drum car with front and rear manual swing doors and manual collapsible scissor gates on the car. The inspector wants door restrictors installed. Ordinary I am a big fan of the mechanical vane rescritors like Dover/TKE, Otis and SEES sells but with the limited clearance between the car gates and hoistway wall and doors I don't see it being a feasible option.

Does anyone have a good solution for this? I'm thinking maybe a electromechanical restrictor but have limited experience installing them especially in this situation.
Posted By: UpandDown2321

Re: Door restrictor for manual scissor gate - 06/20/18 11:35 AM

Adams Hatch Latch can be installed. The newer style boards seem hold much better than the older style boards. As long as you can get 120VAC to it you dont need signals to go back to the controller.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Door restrictor for manual scissor gate - 06/20/18 12:52 PM

Just as a point of information. The code for restricted car doors came into being under the A17.1b-1980 code. ( see A17.2-2014, item 1.18.1) Anything installed before 1980 can be recommended by the inspector.
Posted By: ABE

Re: Door restrictor for manual scissor gate - 06/20/18 08:41 PM

In this particular area it became a retroactive code requirement.
Posted By: JHessorz

Re: Door restrictor for manual scissor gate - 07/17/18 01:16 AM

Agree with UpandDown, Hatch Latch is the way to go in this situation, used them a few times successfully.
© 2024 Elevator Forum