Home

KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE

Posted By: Turbo6

KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/12/18 01:38 PM

My question is that can there operator be easily interfaced with another controller like a Smartrise/Mce ect? I havnt seen one and I don't know if there serial controls to controller. Doing a mod on one and trying to decide to replace it or not. If I have to replace is there a direct swap out there?
Posted By: solidstate

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/12/18 02:10 PM

Smartrise would answer that my two cents if u r going to mod the controller get rid of all of that expensive Kone stuff
Posted By: ABE

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/12/18 02:49 PM

I think it would depend on the operator. If its the linear AMD(Wittur) operator I think they just use discreet wiring as I have seen them used with a variety of other controllers such as smart rise, MCE and Virginia controls.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/13/18 01:47 AM

Ya, just looked at a print to make sure but the AMD operators are discreet to the CCBN board. 24vdc logic, open & close inputs, open & close limit outputs, and edge detector output. Don’t see a nudge or reduced speed input though, at least not on the KCM print.

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/13/18 02:01 AM

Looks like reduced speed is activated by giving an open and close command at the same time, pulling 16 & 17 low. But the operator does have a nudge input.
Posted By: chicago

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/13/18 07:08 PM

You can install Kone AMD operator on any controller. You need to call spares. Need expansion board that mounts next to operator board, controls signals to controller.
Best operator on market, it will eliminate night callouts!!

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/14/18 09:56 PM

Thanks fellas, we are going to give konespares a call.
Posted By: Rolly

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 09/14/18 09:57 PM

May as well bend over.. LOL

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 10/06/18 02:38 PM

This was the ADM 1.5 and it uses discrete 24vdc inputs so I was able to make it work. Only hiccup was I needed to add relays for the operators outputs because they are of the sinking type.

Re: KONE KCM OPERATOR INTERFACE - 10/06/18 03:37 PM

Good job. I knew you could make it work.
© 2024 Elevator Forum