Home

Dover DMC

Posted By: Knoxville18

Dover DMC - 11/09/18 01:19 PM

Is there anyone out there that has put a new TKE HDLM door operator on an existing DMC? The new operators come with the PA6 Universal Door Board and a UIT. I know that it can be set up for 485 communication. However, I am unsure if they will talk or not. As always, Vertical Express and TKE are of no help at all.
Posted By: Whadafack

Re: Dover DMC - 11/09/18 04:59 PM

Tke has their new door operators that will work i believe. Ld16 operators. Never removed a dmc door operator. Just replaced the board since it communicates with everything such as the clc and selector.
Posted By: wltr00

Re: Dover DMC - 11/09/18 06:23 PM

I believe for the DMC you need to use a PY2 or PY4 board. I don't believe the PA boards will work.
Posted By: Indirtwetrust

Re: Dover DMC - 11/09/18 09:44 PM

That is not going to work.

Re: Dover DMC - 11/09/18 09:46 PM

I was talking to someone about this yesterday. I suggested you order the FX2 board on eBay for $200

Re: Dover DMC - 11/11/18 03:00 PM

Thanks for your input everyone. My problem is that we installed one HD/LM operator already. I know that the mechanical parts to the operator are very similar, could I switch the PA door board out for a PY or the FX2 board you are suggesting? What I am not sure of is that the PA operator has a VFD drive in it and runs a three phase AC motor. Are the PY or FX boards capable of running an AC motor? Or do I need to replace the motor with a DC motor? Vertical Express suggested installing an HD85 operator instead. I suppose I am wondering if I should just re-install the old operator, return the HD/LM operator and purchase the HD85 instead. This is the price I pay for not verifying the proper job number on the survey.

Re: Dover DMC - 11/11/18 04:33 PM

Are the PY boards available from Vertical express? I was under the impression this was because they were back ordered or something. You should be able to make this work with a PY4 board and a 1/6 HP DC motor and encoder. The part number for the motor with the correct encoder is 9841775. You also need the capacitor that goes under the door board.

Re: Dover DMC - 11/12/18 12:09 PM

I will check today. I think Sees sells them as well...normally a bit pricey. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Philly

Re: Dover DMC - 12/31/18 01:10 AM

Send that operator back and just replace bad board
Posted By: Flyballgov

Re: Dover DMC - 03/04/23 01:06 AM

Did this ever work?? Haha
© 2024 Elevator Forum