Home

VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault

Posted By: Dozer

VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault - 01/09/19 01:47 AM

Hello, I’m having a very intermittent issue. VMI hydro controller with courion doors, only a 2 stop, every 50-75 runs (or about 3-5 days since it doesn’t run often) car faults out with “CONT FAIL, Delta didn’t pick”. Putting the car on inspection then back into auto clears this and allows you to run for another few days until it happens again. This fault reads the controller didn’t see or lost RON input when R output was activated. I replaced both RON relays (2 soft starts for 2 motors here,this is a 10k # freight) and the R relay. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.
Posted By: workingclass

Re: VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault - 01/09/19 11:28 AM

Did you replace the delta auxiliaries?
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault - 01/09/19 10:35 PM

And as working class suggests, are there auxiliaries on the Start contactor?
Broken wires on any terminal or relay connection?
Posted By: Dozer

Re: VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault - 01/29/19 12:01 AM

It's a Siemens soft start. No faults on it. Just on the VMI controller.
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: VMI issue "CONT FAIL, Delta didn't pick" fault - 01/29/19 04:55 PM

Oh....guess I didn’t catch that “soft starter” part...oops.
At any rate, it sounds as if the VMI is looking at the Seimans “run/stop” output status and not seeing it “ready” to go. Possible Seimans Logic Card troubles on one of the two starters.
You’ve no doubt tugged and checked all wiring at each starter terminal block and at the VMI controller.
Are you scrolling back in the Fault log to see the sequence of operation prior to the CONT FAIL?
Or- Can you look at what might be the “ready” input on the VMI keypad screen while the unit is faulted to see if it’s present or not?
© 2024 Elevator Forum