Home

Miprom 2 Dispatcher

Posted By: omgitsonme

Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 01/31/19 12:04 PM

Good morning brothers and sisters,

My team is in the process of modding a 6 car group of Montgomery Miprom 2 elevators, I was hoping someone here could help me get a hold of a manual or at the least a nomenclature for the miprom 2 Dispatcher and its signals. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Work safe

J. Clark

Attached File
28163.jpeg  (50 downloads)
Attached File
28165.jpeg  (33 downloads)
Posted By: Philly

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/01/19 03:50 PM

Its a miprom 21. Your elevator company can get the prints. If they cannot, fire them.
Posted By: john jay

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/01/19 08:26 PM

This is the common panel for a group of Montgomery elevators. Usually these were for earlier analog drive units. They were a parallel hall calls, and not a series dispatched group. As were Miprom 21"s. The common panel had the Fire service, Hall calls, etc;
Posted By: omgitsonme

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/04/19 12:47 PM

Philly: touche haha

John: Common & dispatcher are considered the same, correct? I suppose the main concern at this point is if these signals are low voltage (15-5vdc) or high (120vac). We are trying to integrate our dispatcher to the old miprom so they still dispatch together. I think we may have found a way, but i will update if anyone is curious

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/04/19 10:40 PM

If the red hall call inputs are high, you have Bi Logic controls. You put a call in by grounding the input. If the inputs are low you put calls in with 120vac to the input. In later years they had a 24vdc input system. But I believe yours is either 120vac, or Bi-logic. As for the dispatch question, the Miprom 21 used the first two cars in the group as serial communication dispatchers. In the older analog drive era, they used the common panel, and parallel communication to answer hall calls.

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/04/19 10:46 PM

I think they used a LON system to integrate new and old cars for hall calls on some of the Mods. However nothing really works all that well.
Posted By: Rolly

Re: Miprom 2 Dispatcher - 02/05/19 02:47 AM

It was called a Lonnie overlay and it's a nightmare. Uses Miprom Svc tool.
© 2024 Elevator Forum